Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

record ppv movie to genie but watch on hr24?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,233 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

No...as far as I know, purchases are still recorded on the smart card, and so a purchase must be made on the device where the recording resides.

My wife ordered a movie with the remote and we got it on the UPL. Not supposed to happen, is it? I watched it and she watched it. On different 24s. Kinda surprised me when I saw it on the UPL. I don't have a Genie.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

My wife ordered a movie with the remote and we got it on the UPL. Not supposed to happen, is it? I watched it and she watched it. On different 24s. Kinda surprised me when I saw it on the UPL. I don't have a Genie.

Rich

No, that is how it works. When you buy any PPV now it becomes playable on ANY receiver on the account (for most movies, this applies for 24 hours). You can "buy" the PPV on one receiver, watch part of it on one receiver, part on another, watch it in its entirety on one then rewatch it on another, etc. However, if it is a recorded program the purchase must be recorded on the DVR it resides upon before being viewed anywhere.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#23 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,557 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

However, if it is a recorded program the purchase must be recorded on the DVR it resides upon before being viewed anywhere.

Right on!
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 ONLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,233 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

No, that is how it works. When you buy any PPV now it becomes playable on ANY receiver on the account (for most movies, this applies for 24 hours). You can "buy" the PPV on one receiver, watch part of it on one receiver, part on another, watch it in its entirety on one then rewatch it on another, etc. However, if it is a recorded program the purchase must be recorded on the DVR it resides upon before being viewed anywhere.

Got that. I could swear the movie had a 48 hour limit, but I don't trust my memory that much to be anywhere near certain.

Rich

spam firewall