Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Voice Season 4

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

The Finale is in the can but I read the results.  I'm happy for the winner.  It could have been worse.

I feel the same.

Very enjoyable finale, BTW. Kudos to the producers, especially for the bit about how Blake is underrated as a coach, compared to Usher. Had me LOL-ing! :P

/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,951 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Loved the result. Would have swapped the second with the third place finisher, but I imagine they'll come out pretty well regardless. 

The solo Blake did with his protegée was almost incestuous! I could believe he was actually in love with her, and she with him. Perhaps just great acting and presentation......

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#43 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Haven't watched it yet ... but from the comments from you two, I'm in for a treat. 

No real secret who I was rooting for, but, oh well, there's a bright future in the offing.

Sometimes, the losers end up being the winners ... kinda makes you wonder what was the voting public thinking?

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,098 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

I just finished the final two shows ... I could have done without the singalong at the beginning of Monday night's show. It seemed to be poorly rehearsed with the judges missing their marks. Tuesday's show was the typical finale. 115 minutes of fluffy buildup leading up to "and the winner is ...". After a while I'm really glad I watched next day and could zip zip zip past Cher and the other fluff to get to the results.

I wonder where they will be a year from now and who the winners will be? All three have an opportunity thanks to being finalists on the show. What are Javier Colon, Jermaine Paul and Cassadee Pope doing?

Hopefully everyone will benefit from the exposure they get from the show.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#45 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,951 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ain't FF a gem?? I think I must have averaged under 15 minutes per one hour show, FF'ing through the fluff, the back stories, the coaching sessions,much of the coaches commentary,  as well as commercials. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#46 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Ain't FF a gem?? I think I must have averaged under 15 minutes per one hour show, FF'ing through the fluff, the back stories, the coaching sessions,much of the coaches commentary,  as well as commercials. 

The FF button can be dangerous too.  It's so very easy to skip over nuances and other relevancies. If not used judiciously, you can end up with less than the full story.  I use it a lot for skipping commercials, though. :righton:

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...