Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP722 - L7.90 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,049 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

New FW spooling:

PID=08B3h	 04/01/13 23:06:11
 DownloadID:A3KC
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
 L790:'L040'-'L789','X040'-'X789'
 New FW:'L790'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1...'&'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].': 	{ViP722}  R0000000001-R4000000000

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

New FW spooling:
New FW:'L790'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1...'&'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].': {ViP722} R0000000001-R4000000000[/CODE]

Thank you, thank you Mr Smith. A serious problem has now been resolved.

I spent the better part of this morning trying to fix my X10 systems. (my wife is handicapped and life is a lot easier for her by being able to turn on/off lamps remotely.)
Anyway, I tried different housecodes and unplugging almost every switch/controller I could get to easily to no avail.

Then, when I read your post, I decided to give my 722 a cold start while I continued troubleshooting the X10 system. To my surprise everything x10 started working again as soon as I unplugged the 722. Still working after the cold boot.

Reminder to all, do a cold reboot of your VIP722 today..........and thanks again to you P Smith for the heads up on the new firmware.
If you are ever passing by Santa Rosa on your wanderings on 101, give me a hoot and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#3 OFFLINE   tymekeeper

tymekeeper

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I got L790 also. The guide was very, very slow so I decided to check version and had 790. Unpluged and plugged back in after a few minutes (cold roboot) and the guide was back to normal. Don't know what this version fixed and why the big jump from L729 to 790?

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,049 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Lxxx versions are unique and using for all models, not just for the 722

#5 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm having a major problem with L790 on a 722. It goes into a "stupid" mode with the OTA tuner unusable. The specific symptoms are 1) Responses to keypresses are very slow, in the 10-20 second ballpark, and 2) All OTA stations say the signal is lost. A push-button reboot never cures the problem. A power cycle (i.e. pull the plug) always cures the problem. Can't tell for sure but the problem seems to be highly related to watching or recording OTA. For example, when we record Jeopardy from OTA the 722 crashes into this state about 75% of the time. Recording the same show from satellite never crashes it. It's getting serious, having crashed 3 times in the last 30 minutes watching an OTA show. Is anybody else having this particular problem?

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,049 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

check OTA signal, if it fluctuating or low - use better antenna

#7 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I doubt that my problem is related to a low OTA signal.  With the station that crashes the 722, the transmitting antenna is 7 miles away with clear line-of-sight.  As I said, when the 722 goes down, ALL OTA stations say no signal, and a power cycle immediately restores all of them.  If signal strength is an issue it would be that it's too strong, which in the absence of more data is just as viable a theory as any.  I'm still wondering if anybody else has this same problem:

1) All OTA stations say "no signal"

2) Occurs while watching or recording OTA

3) Satellite and recorded material still plays

4) Response to remote commands take at least 10 seconds

5) Power cycle fixes

#8 OFFLINE   speedboat

speedboat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

I doubt that my problem is related to a low OTA signal.  With the station that crashes the 722, the transmitting antenna is 7 miles away with clear line-of-sight.  As I said, when the 722 goes down, ALL OTA stations say no signal, and a power cycle immediately restores all of them.  If signal strength is an issue it would be that it's too strong, which in the absence of more data is just as viable a theory as any.  I'm still wondering if anybody else has this same problem:

5) Power cycle fixes

My 722 has been flakey since we starting getting updates mid-December. If I change to an OTA channel, the system reboots. If I was on a OTA channel when I last shutdown, it reboots forever. COLD start by pulling the power plug seems to resolve, but problems returned. Since L790 update, problem has not re-occurred (until I post this, then it will probably return tomorrow AM).

Edited by speedboat, 18 April 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

5) Power cycle fixes

My 722 has been flakey since we starting getting updates mid-December. If I change to an OTA channel, the system reboots. If I was on a OTA channel when I last shutdown, it reboots forever. COLD start by pulling the power plug seems to resolve, but problems returned. Since L790 update, problem has not re-occurred (until I post this, then it will probably return tomorrow AM).

If you disconnect the OTA antenna from the module, does this still occur?  I remember months ago an issue with the module connected to the receiver causing a problem.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...