Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DTV does NOT want HR20-700 back

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 945 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

So should the OP start charging them storage fees?  The statements "They don't want it back" and "You're not allowed to sell it or dispose of it because it isn't yours" seems to be at odds with one another.  If you don't own it, they need to retrieve it.

Oh the OP can totally dispose of it or recycle it. D* will even tell him to dispose of it or recycle it. It just can't be activated on another account if it changes hands.

DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Can it be re-activated on the same account?

bob

#63 OFFLINE   supermod38

supermod38

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 68 posts
  • LocationCentral VA.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

yes, it can be re-activated on the original account,

I'm not here for a long time, just a GOOD time!
HR34 lease- Vizio 26"
C-31-lease-32" Emerson
HR24-owned-RCA 46"

H24- owned- :righton:

#64 OFFLINE   Tom_S

Tom_S

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Oh the OP can totally dispose of it or recycle it. D* will even tell him to dispose of it or recycle it. It just can't be activated on another account if it changes hands.

Oh god, how many times do I have to say this.  It can be sold, activated on another account, whatever.  It is now considered "owned" not leased.  Jeez louise.  I know because I have done it!

Panasonic 58PX60U
DirectTV HR34-700, HR24-500, H23-600

No OTA only Sat
AU9(Slimline) SL3 SWM Dish

All 3 receivers connected via DECA and bridged to 8-port Rosewill RC-410X Gigabit Switch.

#65 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,439 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Oh god, how many times do I have to say this.  It can be sold, activated on another account, whatever.  It is now considered "owned" not leased.  Jeez louise.  I know because I have done it!

As have I.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...