Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LucasArts shut down

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,116 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Feels like an end of an era...

http://news.cnet.com...ed-games-model/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,705 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

The only real surprise here is that it didn't happen sooner. Heads were going to roll at some point after the Disney buyout. I've been with companies that were bought by other companies, and the other shoe always drops eventually no matter what they say up front about keeping existing employees.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Disney cant hurt STAR WARS anymore than GEORGE already has!!!!! (Totally trashed it)

Quite sad......

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,116 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

If Disney treats Star Wars the same as they treated the Marvel comics line in terms of movies, it might be a good thing. As long as they reign in Mr. Lens Flare.

Actually, I think still my favorite LucasArts games are Loom and Secret of Monkey Island, not Star Wars games.

#5 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

If Disney treats Star Wars the same as they treated the Marvel comics line in terms of movies, it might be a good thing. As long as they reign in Mr. Lens Flare.

Actually, I think still my favorite LucasArts games are Loom and Secret of Monkey Island, not Star Wars games.

I don't know, X-Wing for the PC was pretty stellar and the king of Space Sims at the time. Somewhat revolutionary for the genre. I've always found it funny that when X-Wing came out, me and my buddy were like 'Wouldn't it be cool if you could play with or against other people online with this format'.. then a few years later, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter comes out. :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...