Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

RSN - FSNO - HD availability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   donebetter

donebetter

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hello All,

I'm a Directv subscriber (10+ years) who's looking seriously at moving to Dish. Looking over channel availability everything looks real good but what has me spooked a bit is what sounds like the part-time allotment made to RSN's. I watch a lot of the MN Wild and Twins on this channel (Fox Sports North) and Directv has HD coverage available all the time -- or at least when I'm watching. I haven't been able to quantify how much part-time coverage there is with Dish. Can anyone shine light on this issue specifically to FSNO or more generally for RSNs? If it's a one-in-a-while thing, no biggie.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

RSN HD feeds are usually turned on for most pro games (some areas may have a lower percentage than others) and a few college games along with some pre-game shows, post-game may be cut off if the game goes late. Almost all other programs are not. Note that long time Dish customers have been wishing for full time rsn's for some time now. It is also usually noted that if you want sports, Direct TV may be better suited for you than Dish.

#3 OFFLINE   speedboat

speedboat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

98% of every live Twins, Wild, Timberwolves or Gopher game will be in HD.

But the 2% will drive you nuts!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...