Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bye bye Dish, hello Directv......again

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vroten

vroten

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well I posted last week that I had a pending install with a local installer scheduled for yesterday, Tuesday. http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=213844

Anyway the equipment didn't come in until today (Wednesday) but as of about 5:30 PM, I am now officially a Directv customer again. And as also posted in the thread above, they regarded me as a returning customer, same account number, history, etc. It's good to be back with Directv.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,662 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Awesome. Welcome back!
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Welcome back! :)

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#4 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Welcome back home!

#5 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well I posted last week that I had a pending install with a local installer scheduled for yesterday, Tuesday. http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=213844

Anyway the equipment didn't come in until today (Wednesday) but as of about 5:30 PM, I am now officially a Directv customer again. And as also posted in the thread above, they regarded me as a returning customer, same account number, history, etc. It's good to be back with Directv.

Welcome back! (all the cool kids were saying it!) :)
What are the biggest pro's and con's between the two services from your point of view?
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#6 OFFLINE   vroten

vroten

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Welcome back! (all the cool kids were saying it!) :)
What are the biggest pro's and con's between the two services from your point of view?

Overall I've always preferred Directv over Dish. I've had generally better luck with Directv's equipment and have had more than a few Dish receivers die on me. For me, Dish has usually been a few dollars less for the programming I watch, but Directv has usually been more willing to cut a deal to make their pricing competitive.

I know some would say this because I now have Directv, but I would have said the same thing before this install. Directv HD looks better on my TV. I have exceptionally good OTA reception in my area, and D* looks very close to the uncompressed OTA signals I receive. Dish was always just a little less sharp. Also Directv seems to avoid the rain fade just a little better, or at least my old system did.

#7 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I know some would say this because I now have Directv, but I would have said the same thing before this install

sure u would of :rolleyes:

#8 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

I just flipped to Dish from DTV. Biggest difference is in SD quality, DTV is very poor on that score. Dish is better for watching on a pc or tablet of course.   DTV has slightly better HD.  DTV has the much superior online program guide than Dish's , which is primitive in comparison.

Dish has Epix, The Blaze, the Plex Channels, DTV has Smithsonian Channel and Cinemoi.  Dish has  Sirius/XM, DTV has a SonicTap, I prefer XM.

I don't watch much sports programming but most fans say DTV is better.

I was tired of the DTV HR-24 and couldn't forsee getting married to the Genie for two years .. too many bad reports. I think Hopper will be very good but am disappointed the Joey doesn't have a tuner ... oh well, three will have to be enough. I also had to upgrade my internet connection to take full advantage of the built-in slingbox.

Edited by mitchflorida, 18 April 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

How come nobody welcomed ME back in my return post!?!

#10 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

How come nobody welcomed ME back in my return post!?!

Welcome Back ♡ ♡ ♡ :) :) ;) [Big Thumbs up , Big Slap on the Back]

Protected By... spam firewall...And...