Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

American Idol (Top 7) - 04/03/2013

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Were Your Favorites? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Were Your Favorites?

1. Amber Holcomb (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Angie Miller (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. Burnell Taylor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Candice Glover (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

5. Janelle Arthur (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

6. Kree Harrison (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

7. Lazaro Arbos (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Discuss... :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

As I feared, the "girlie" vote not only saved Lazaro and sent Burnell packing, but Lazaro was voted into the Top Three! :lol:

This ludicrous act is one reason AI has jumped the shark. Special interest groups (and the "girlie" voters certainly seem to qualify as one) are exacting inordinate amounts of influence, so much so that they skew the outcomes way out of all proportions.

The voting scheme this show uses has long been recognized as a hindrance to the search for a gifted singer. Most other shows now augment their voting with that of the judges or, as in the case of The Voice and SYTYCD, the judges thin the contestant ranks before giving America a chance to vote. And yet, AI persists in using this method.

Well, at least none of the girls were victimized. That'll probably happen next week. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#3 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I was wondering if maybe VFTW had finally figured out how to really afftect the voting.
Do they, have they had a real impact?

If AI is pushing Lazaro, if they need the publicity that comes from people talking about the embarrassing continued presence of Lazaro then they've fallen far indeed.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup 

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I was wondering if maybe VFTW had finally figured out how to really afftect the voting.
Do they, have they had a real impact?

If AI is pushing Lazaro, if they need the publicity that comes from people talking about the embarrassing continued presence of Lazaro then they've fallen far indeed.

To me, VFTW comes under the special interest groups I mention above. Just as bad and just as disruptive.

As to your other point, if true then yes, they have indeed fallen. But I would rather suspect a technical oversight (the voting scheme) over a deliberate manipulation of viewership.

Then again ... :confused:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,969 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

The contestants will be singing two songs apiece tomorrow night. The themes are:

• Burt Bacharach and Hal David Catalog
  • "Songs They Wish They'd Written"

The set lists have also been revealed:

Spoiler

Protected By... spam firewall...And...