Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv dropped regional sports network

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I think you're missing something here. Even though MASN is not his "home RSN" anymore, by subscribing to sports pack he should receive MASN and Orioles games, according to John Metzgar's post above. Much cheaper than Extra Innings, which wouldnt get you the games anyways if his town is claimed by the Orioles. Worth a try at least.

The games were blacked out with the sports pack but not with Extra innings. Apparently a town that has sports stores loaded with Orioles/Nationals Redskins/Ravens memorabilia is not a local sports network anymore. :rolleyes:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
1 Hughes standard receiver
Samsung 42" HDTV
Toshiba 32" HDTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

I just think it's crazy that we are probably no more than 30 miles apart, me being closer to Pittsburgh than you are, you being closer to Baltimore/Washington than I am, both in Franklin County (I assume you are), both getting the same locals (both Harrisburg, PA and Washington, DC) yet I can get MASN as my local regional and you don't. :confused::confused:

When I log into my account, the channel lineup includes MASN, but I was still forced to buy the Extra Innings to get it.

Attached Files

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain
Samsung 42" HDTV
Toshiba 32" HDTV

#63 OFFLINE   shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

So you did get MLB Extra Innings? If so please tell us it worked to get him the games.

He is watching the game tonight.:hurah:
Mark Twain
Samsung 42" HDTV
Toshiba 32" HDTV

#64 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

When I log into my account, the channel lineup includes MASN, but I was still forced to buy the Extra Innings to get it.

Does MASN carry a pro team from the NBA or NHL in your market without blackout? If so, that would explain why it's a listed under there while the baseball teams are blacked out.

#65 OFFLINE   shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

Does MASN carry a pro team from the NBA or NHL in your market without blackout? If so, that would explain why it's a listed under there while the baseball teams are blacked out.

No. Only baseball. NBA and NHL are on another sports network - Comcast Sports Network. MASN is a baseball network, owned by Orioles owner Pete Angelos. It was created when the Nationals became a team.

Edited by shoelessjoe, 11 April 2013 - 02:35 AM.

Mark Twain
Samsung 42" HDTV
Toshiba 32" HDTV

#66 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

The directv rsn page lists teams individually for each channel. It sounds like it did nit change when the are changed.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#67 OFFLINE   shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

The directv rsn page lists teams individually for each channel. It sounds like it did nit change when the are changed.

I don't understand your post. Can you please clarify?
Mark Twain
Samsung 42" HDTV
Toshiba 32" HDTV

spam firewall