Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Watching recorded material in 2 rooms

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   s_cipris

s_cipris

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

If I am watching a recorded show in one room, how do I also watch the recorded show in a second room? I don't see the TV that is watching the recording on my status screen.

Am I doing something wrong. Please walk me through the steps to watch a previously recorded in two different rooms.

My equipment is one hopper with sling and three joeys?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
sec2@optonline.net

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

- you don't know your setup ?!

Press red button, select a line from the list and press Select

#3 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

- you don't know your setup ?!

Press red button, select a line from the list and press Select

That shows watched recordings? All I ever see with the red button menu is what is being watched on tuners...never watched recordings.
Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

That shows watched recordings? All I ever see with the red button menu is what is being watched on tuners...never watched recordings.

Try and tell us ...

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

You don't need to do anything with the status screen.

Just go to another location (whether it is a Joey or a Hopper) and go into the DVR menu and select the recording that you want to watch.

I believe a popup displays asking if you want to start over, or start at another "in progress" point where it has been previously watched from another location.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,721 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

that would be easy then I thought :)

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Dish hasn't always had the best documentation, though. A shame that they have some pretty cool hardware usually that does things that people can't figure out because it isn't always intuitive.

#8 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

I thought the OP was asking if there was a way to simultaneously view/control the same recording playback on two TVs, much like joining multiple locations to the same tuner in the status menu. This way you could walk from room to room with a recording playing at the same spot.

As it stands, you can play the same recording in multiple locations, but you cannot mirror a single playback in multiple locations. This is a feature I would like to see added.
Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

The easiest way to do that is to pause the recording in one room... then go to the other and start it, and I believe one of the options to start playback is to use the paused position from the other room.

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

If you are viewing a DVR recording and you want to view that recording on a different receiver, you can pause the recording on the first receiver. At the alternate location, you select the same recording and press the PLAY button on the remote to resume the playback where you paused.

You can also just select the same recording and playback the recording from the beginning while it is playing at the original receiver. Thanks.

If I am watching a recorded show in one room, how do I also watch the recorded show in a second room? I don't see the TV that is watching the recording on my status screen.

Am I doing something wrong. Please walk me through the steps to watch a previously recorded in two different rooms.

Thanks for any help.

Steve
sec2@optonline.net

#11 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

The easiest way to do that is to pause the recording in one room... then go to the other and start it, and I believe one of the options to start playback is to use the paused position from the other room.

If you are viewing a DVR recording and you want to view that recording on a different receiver, you can pause the recording on the first receiver. At the alternate location, you select the same recording and press the PLAY button on the remote to resume the playback where you paused.

You can also just select the same recording and playback the recording from the beginning while it is playing at the original receiver. Thanks.

Yes if you pause a recording in one room and go to another room and select the recoding to play your options initially are Start Over or Resume.

Say you choose resume and play some for awhile then pause again and go to another room. When you choose to play the recording your options are now Start Over, Resume from Room 1 and Resume from Room 2.

So it keeps track of each rooms playback position and will allow you to resume from any one of them when you resume.
2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

spam firewall