Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV since 1995 Now DISH user

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

First, since when is everything on E*'s website 100% correct???

Aside from that, the bottom line is, as of 3/28/13, Echosphere is no longer going to be selling (new) 922's. While any remaining units in the pipeline (dealers, etc.) CAN be sold & activated, it pretty much spells the end of the line for these things, as the Hopper has pretty much replaced them. If you recall a few month's ago, E* had pretty much stopped having much of anything to do with them at all. They only started up offering them again a few months ago, to burn off the little remaining inventory they had left.

http://www.satellite...e?highlight=922

#22 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I switched to get more gear for less $. The channel line up is fine and I AM USED TO THE DTV REMOTE AND UI.

When was the last time DISH updated their TV UI?

More steps are required to do what I did on DTV.
Remember, I KNOW I AM USED TO DTV.

Any idea why the option is called "Create Event" rather than "record"? Seems goofy.

I have the 722K.

Thanks

Anything is better than my first receiver, a DishPlayer YUCK! Microsoft did software for it.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#23 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Anything is better than my first receiver, a DishPlayer YUCK! Microsoft did the DVR software for it - & E* couldn't get it's own software to work properly.

Fixed it for you - & that's EXACTLY why it had so many problems. Back in those days, E* had software "issues" on more than a couple of it's DVR's - & couldn't really get them, what you would call, settled down even by the time they were EOL. Then, trying to couple their not-so-good software, with someone else's (DVR) software, was a recipe for disaster!

However, if you recall, Microsoft did the same software for D*'s WebTV/DVR combo - & it worked all but flawlessly, & w/dual-tuners to boot! It actually was ahead of it's time, & IMHO, was BETTER than the D* Tivo units.

#24 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I've had DTV since the stone ages until recently switching to Dish (a 722). I can handle the UI differences but I think the remote layout is awful. I can't adapt to the volume up/down keys being to the right and left of each other, ditto for the page up and page down keys.

spam firewall