Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL 2013 PreSeason Programming

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

I ordered NFL ST last month, I could wait and play csr roulette later in the year, but I figure by paying early it will be out of the way. And if D decides to give a rebate or refund I can use them as credits to pay on my bill.. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Here is the analysis chart, updated with the 2013 Season Schedule.  While the spread of bye weeks is different this year, the bottom total analysis of SundayTicket versus Free Games is still fundamentally the same.

We can't do tables yet, so please check out the attached jpg...

I'll lose six additional Sunday afternoon games when my local team (Colts) will be playing at home on the non-doubleheader network.

#23 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,314 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I ordered NFL ST last month, I could wait and play csr roulette later in the year, but I figure by paying early it will be out of the way. And if D decides to give a rebate or refund I can use them as credits to pay on my bill.. :)

Not a bad idea at all.  Considering I just got a deal for MLB EI, I am gonna have to wait.  Not sure I will get a deal on Sunday Ticket this year but time will tell.  I will be keeping it no matter what.

Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#24 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Here's a first look at the Thanksgiving Day Programming for this season....

#25 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

The attachments below provide the complete NFL 2013 Pre-Season Lineup of games.    Schedules are provided for 4 different Time Zones; please download the correct schedule for your location.  [The response for Hawaii and Alaska schedules was so resoundingly limited, I will not be publishing them again.]

This schedule is for live Pre-Season games only.  Please check your DIRECTV Online  Guide and NFLNET for tape-delayed games that will be available.  A warning: a number of game times have changed from those announced in earlier releases.

Welcome back to football!

Edit: 5/28/13  Updated PreSeason schedule shows local broadcast networks when known.  Note that many teams have arrangements that may include multiple local stations.  Example:  Patriots games are aired by a station in Hawaii.

Edit: 7/16/13  The four Time Zone attachments have been removed.  The final PreSeason Schedule is due to be released within the next few days.  This schedule will include all the National Broadcasts by NBC, CBS, FOX and NFLNET.  I will create a new post when this new schedule is published.

Edited by Gary Toma, 16 July 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#26 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Another try at posting a table.  Not great.  Looks like posting jpg's is the current best option.  :(

2013 NFL    With or Without      SundayTicket

Week  Thursday Sunday SNF  MNF Total Sunday  Bye   Cross

#      Free    Free Free Free  Free Ticket Games  Check

____   ______  _____ ____ ____  ____  _____ _____  _____

1        1      3     1    2    7      9           16

2        1      3     1    1    6     10           16

3        1      3     1    1    6     10           16

4        1      3     1    1    6      9     1     16

5        1      3     1    1    6      8     2     16

6        1      3     1    1    6      9     1     16

7        1      3     1    1    6      9     1     16

8        1      3     1    1    6      7     3     16

9        1      3     1    1    6      7     3     16

10       1      3     1    1    6      8     2     16

11       1      3     1    1    6      9     1     16

12       1      3     1    1    6      8     2     16

13       3      3     1    1    8      8           16

14       1      3     1    1    6     10           16

15       1      3     1    1    6     10           16

16              3     1    1    5     11           16

17              4     1         5     11           16

____   ______  _____ ____ ____  ____  _____ _____  _____

Total     17      52   17   17   103    153   16    256

44% of Regular Season games ( 112 of 256 )

Available Without a SundayTicket Subscription

No Charge Games, Without SundayTicket

17   Thursday Night/Thanksgiving    13 NFLN, 1 CBS, 1 FOX, 2 NBC

52   Sunday Regional                26 CBS, 26 FOX

17   Sunday Night                   17 NBC

17   Monday Night                   17 ESPN

9   Sunday, Week 1, Free Trial      9 SundayTicket Games

112   GRAND TOTAL FREE

#27 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

NFLNET Live PreSeason Games

Last season, NFLNET itself provided 10 PreSeason games, Live, on channel 212.

This year, there have been no such announcements of any live broadcasts.  The NFLNET media folks have been uncharacteristically silent and have chosen not to respond to questions.

We will need to wait and see..........

#28 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

This year, there have been no such announcements of any live broadcasts.  The NFLNET media folks have been uncharacteristically silent and have chosen not to respond to questions.

Last year I ordered the NFL preseason package and it was great. You get every game live and on replays and streaming it from the computer to the TV it still had  a pretty good picture. You do need good D/L speed though. It has all of the usual DVR type controls like pause, rewind, jump back 10 seconds, etc. and it was only $20. I did it mainly so that I could see all 4 of my teams games live instead of just one. Being able to see every other game was icing on the cake. Also you can watch the replays in a condensed format so they only take up 30 minutes because you only see the plays and nothing else.

#29 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

It seems WAY early for this. Do you recall specifically when this was announced last year?

#30 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,595 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

It looks like last year july 24 the press release went out listing all the games:

http://fangsbites.co...-game-schedule/

#31 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

The attachments below provide the complete NFL 2013 Pre-Season Lineup of games.    Schedules are provided for 4 different Time Zones; please download the correct schedule for your location.  [The response for Hawaii and Alaska schedules was so resoundingly limited, I will not be publishing them again.]

This schedule is for live Pre-Season games only.  Please check your DIRECTV Online  Guide and NFLNET for tape-delayed games that will be available.  A warning: a number of game times have changed from those announced in earlier releases.

Welcome back to football!

I don't remember FOX and CBS regionalizing pre-season games. Is this typical?

#32 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't remember FOX and CBS regionalizing pre-season games. Is this typical?

There are no Regional Games.

The FOX and ESPN games shaded in blue, along with the CBS and NBC games shaded in red are National Broadcasts.

All the other FOX or CBS games with the  "team DMAs only" notation are local only - Not regional broadcasts.  Example: in Week 1, on August 8, the Ravens play at the Buccaneers.  That game will be broadcast by CBS in the Baltimore DMA and in the Tampa Bay DMA.  In other words:  that game will be provided in the Home and Visitor DMAs only; this will not be a regional broadcast.  That game will typically be available - on a tape delayed basis - on NFLNet, usually whithin a day or two.

As 'dcowboy7' pointed out above, we may need to wait until the end of July for a press release from NFLNet announcing what PreSeason games they will carry live.  So some games (usually about 10) which are now "team DMA only" may become NFLNet Live, National Broadcasts.

#33 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

There are no Regional Games.

The FOX and ESPN games shaded in blue, along with the CBS and NBC games shaded in red are National Broadcasts.

All the other FOX or CBS games with the  "team DMAs only" notation are local only - Not regional broadcasts.  Example: in Week 1, on August 8, the Ravens play at the Buccaneers.  That game will be broadcast by CBS in the Baltimore DMA and in the Tampa Bay DMA.  In other words:  that game will be provided in the Home and Visitor DMAs only; this will not be a regional broadcast.  That game will typically be available - on a tape delayed basis - on NFLNet, usually whithin a day or two.

As 'dcowboy7' pointed out above, we may need to wait until the end of July for a press release from NFLNet announcing what PreSeason games they will carry live.  So some games (usually about 10) which are now "team DMA only" may become NFLNet Live, National Broadcasts.

I guess I don't know why you are identifying those teleasts as being from FOX or CBS? They are not broadcast by FOX or CBS, they are broadcast by whatever local station has the contract with the team. Some of those may be FOX or CBS affiliates, but it would surprise me if they all are.  Here in Southern California, the Raiders are on KTLA and the Chargers are on KCBS. The Chargers used to be on FSN West 2. The Rams were also on various local stations from when they moved to St Louis until 2008.

#34 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I guess I don't know why you are identifying those teleasts as being from FOX or CBS? They are not broadcast by FOX or CBS, they are broadcast by whatever local station has the contract with the team. Some of those may be FOX or CBS affiliates, but it would surprise me if they all are.  Here in Southern California, the Raiders are on KTLA and the Chargers are on KCBS. The Chargers used to be on FSN West 2. The Rams were also on various local stations from when they moved to St Louis until 2008.

By contract, NFL games are televised by:

CBS - when the visiting team is in the AFC

FOX - when the visiting team is in the NFC

I believe that KTLA is your Los Angeles local CW affiliate.  I would have expected that KCBS, your local CBS provider, would would have the first option to provide Raiders games from the CBS feed when Oakland is the visiting team or when Oakland is playing an AFC team at home.  Los Angeles is not a Raiders primary or secondary market. 

I am sure someone from Los Angeles with knowledge of the local contracts will jump in and clarify this for us....

#35 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

By contract, NFL games are televised by:

CBS - when the visiting team is in the AFC

FOX - when the visiting team is in the NFC

That is the contract for the regular season, not preseason.

KCBS carries Chargers and KTLA carriies Raiders preseason games, regardless of whether those teams are home or away. If the Chargers play the Raiders in the preseason, the game will be on both channels mentioned at the same time, KTLA with the Raiders broadcasters and KCBS with the Chargers broadcasters.

I believe preseason games that are not nationally televised are sold by the teams and produced by the local stations.

Edited by tjguitar, 10 May 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#36 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

....I believe preseason games that are not nationally televised are sold by the teams and produced by the local stations.

A little bit of research indicates you are quite right! 

When I update the PreSeason schedule next, (expected when NFLNet announces its Live broadcasts) I will remove the CBS and FOX notations from all the non-nationally broadcast games.  I don't have the time or interest to research the arrangements of each of the teams.  But if you have that information, please advise me and I will be happy to include it.

Edited by Gary Toma, 20 May 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#37 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

a snippet from an NFL Press Release today, 5/14/11:

... the NFL Network will also provide extensive coverage of the NFL preseason, including live game broadcasts in all four weeks of the preseason. NFL Network’s preseason broadcast schedule will be announced in July.

#38 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

True. But unless you write an app for us to use, everyone has to do it for themselves. :)

Sorry no apps for you.  But here is some real analysis.

This is a real 2013 example:

You live in Los Angeles and the Cleveland Browns are your dream team - the reason you just must  have SundayTicket.

The Browns play 16 games,

but Week 1 is available on SundayTicket - free Intro, you will see it

but Week 5 the Browns play a Thursday night game, you will see it

So Yes, SundayTicket will get you those 14 Browns games you would never otherwise see in Los Angeles.    Your cost?  The $225 subscription divided  by those 14 games -- or $16 per game.

The Patriots are your team?  (They are on for five 'free' slots).  Their games on SundayTicket will cost you from $20 to $25 per game, depending on how many Sunday Regional games you might receive.

Edited by Gary Toma, 18 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#39 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

The PreSeason Schedule in Post #25 has been updated.  This update includes those local broadcasters who are carrying the local-only (non-national) preseason games.  In a few cases, the teams have apparently not yet finalized those arrangements.

In some cases, teams have established a "PreSeason Game Network" on their own.  For instance, the New England Patriots have a PreSeason Network of some 10 stations across their area that will carry their games.  One of those PreSeason affiliates for the Patriots is even in Hawaii!

Just one more update is ahead.  At the end of July, the NFL Network is expected to announce about 10 PreSeason games which they will provide Live.

PreSeason is a great time to practice TailGating....   Go for it!

Edited by Gary Toma, 30 May 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#40 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

The attachment is the Final NFL PreSeason Schedule, based on today's 7/22/13 press release.

Today's update adds 13 Live games to be carried nationally on NFLNET, in addition to 10 Live games previously announced to be broadcast nationally: 4 on ESPN,  2 on CBS,  2 on FOX and  2 on NBC.

The attachments below provide the complete PreSeason Lineup of games. Schedules are provided for 4 different US Time Zones; download the correct schedule for your home location.

This schedule is for LIVE PreSeason games only.  Check your Directv Online Guide and NFLNET for tape-delayed games that will be available.  All 65 PreSeason games will be available on NFLNET; 13 Live games and 52 Re-Air broadcasts.

The fine print:

Live games on NFL Network will be blacked out in the participating teams’ over-the-air station markets. Re-airs of a non-sellout preseason game prior to the home team’s local over-the-air station re-airing the game will be blacked out on NFL Network in the home team market.

• CincySaint likes this

spam firewall