Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Nomad Install not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   glgonz

glgonz

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

I am having issues with my Nomad installation. The Nomad device itself seems to install fine. The 3 LED indicators are solid blue.

When I install the client on my iphone or Mac, I get an error message saying AR/1001 - Unable to add your device - you are missing one or more system requirements. Please refer to quick start guide or owners manual...

It seems that the problem may be with my DVR configuration and accessing the Internet. I have two DVR's - HR34 and a HR24 and I was using the DTV Cinema kit (DCAW1R0-01) for a wireless connection back to my router. I am able to use some Internet related functions such as VOD, Pandora radio with no issues. Whole Home DVR also works with no issues. However, when I press the dash button on the remote, I see the message SWM - Connected, Internet - Not Connected. This happens on both receivers.

Also, when I press the right arrow for TV Apps, I get an message TV Apps initializing, try again later. This has been the same since my original installation over 1 week ago.

I have also done red button reset on both receivers, with no luck

After working with DTV tech support, they dispatched a technician who removed my DTV Cinema kit and installed a DCA Home Adapter from the back of my Comcast Xfinity router, which feeds to a coax from a splitter port next to the dish.

I still have the same issue and have not been able to get a resolution.

My connections are now as follows:
DTV Dish to splitter (4 ports)
Port 1 - SWM, then to the HR34
Port 2 - HR24
Port 3 - Wired to jack for future TV, which will be a Genie Client
Port 4 - DCA from my Comcast Xfinity TC8305C Router

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,925 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

One thing to check is that port 3 should be terminated. An unterminated port can cause network errors.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#3 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

If Diana's suggestion doesn't help, I would focus next on getting the Internet - Not Connected screen to ensure it shows Connected. Start there. Fix that.

Any chance that the HR34 or HR24 has a Ethernet cable plugged into it?
With Deca adaptors, you can't do that.

With the HR34 you don't even need any adaptors, just connect a RJ45 cable into the rear, reboot and that will give you internet.

#4 OFFLINE   nick4blu_81

nick4blu_81

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Contact Comcast and let them know that your router needs new firmware.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...