Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blue Jays, Phillies, and Astros feeds on Extra Innings

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

So, are we just not getting these this season? There's a weird blank space in the guide for what should have been the Rogers feed for the Blue Jays this morning but we haven't gotten that feed for any of their games yet.

It is inexcusable that we cannot see every feed of every team on this package. Including the local Cubs and White Sox games and KCAL games for the Dodgers. This needs to be addressed now or else we are going to have an entire series between the Blue Jays and Astros wiped out and no one will get to see any of those games on DirecTV. When that happens, we need to raise hell.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Every year this happens and every year you're told why.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

And every year it makes less and less sense. If I miss a game because of this, I'm going to be furious.

#4 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

So what is the reason for the no Blue Jays feeds? DirecTV does have access to the Rogers Sportsnet Feeds for hockey and in HD. Seriously, I'd love to know the reason.

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

And every year it makes less and less sense. If I miss a game because of this, I'm going to be furious.

Use the other feeds. I seriously doubt you watch every game every day. Furious over a couple games in a 2,430 games season? :lol: Save the drama.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

and every year we are reminded that MLB.TV has them........

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

So what is the reason for the no Blue Jays feeds? DirecTV does have access to the Rogers Sportsnet Feeds for hockey and in HD. Seriously, I'd love to know the reason.

With NBA, NHL, & The Masters the bandwidth is slightly crunched. The Phillies & Jays feeds always return after.

#8 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

And there will be a thread next season exactly the same as this.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

and every year we are reminded that MLB.TV has them........

Exactly and if the OP really needs them, then he should subscribe to it.

#10 OFFLINE   wallysparks24

wallysparks24

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ok, so what is the reason that they don't show the Rogers Sportsnet feed for the Blue Jays games? I was going to post the same question as the OP.

sigma1914 - Please let me know how the OP can subscribe to a Canadian sports channel in the United States?

#11 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

sigma1914 - Please let me know how the OP can subscribe to a Canadian sports channel in the United States?

I never suggested that. MLB.tv (now) and DirecTV Extra Innings (after a couple weeks) gets the Jays feed.

#12 OFFLINE   wallysparks24

wallysparks24

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Exactly and if the OP really needs them, then he should subscribe to it.

No, but by the sound of your original post you made it seem like the OP should just subscribe to Rogers Sportsnet directly through DirecTV. That is why I was asking how to do it.

#13 OFFLINE   wallysparks24

wallysparks24

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Can anyone seriously tell me why DirecTV doesn't have the Rogers Sportsnet feed for MLB Extra Innings?

#14 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Can anyone seriously tell me why DirecTV doesn't have the Rogers Sportsnet feed for MLB Extra Innings?

For the second time in this thread ... "With NBA, NHL, & The Masters the bandwidth is slightly crunched. The Phillies & Jays feeds always return after."

#15 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

For the second time in this thread ... "With NBA, NHL, & The Masters the bandwidth is slightly crunched. The Phillies & Jays feeds always return after."

That's the way it's been for awhile.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#16 OFFLINE   wallysparks24

wallysparks24

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the explanation. When I called DirecTV, they didn't know why. How did you find this out?

#17 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Because we have been reading these threads for years. SR has told us and we have seen the same story unfold too.

#18 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

And once again I refuse to believe this. How can bandwidth be crunched if all they are doing is re-mapping all of the RSNs to the Extra Innings channels? That is not a bandwidth crunch...it's a made up excuse if someone told you that and people are just being lazy and not conforming to the 21st century.

Where is the bandwidth crunch coming from right now?

#19 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

And once again I refuse to believe this. How can bandwidth be crunched if all they are doing is re-mapping all of the RSNs to the Extra Innings channels? That is not a bandwidth crunch...it's a made up excuse if someone told you that and people are just being lazy and not conforming to the 21st century.

Then don't believe it. You won't accept any answer. What's your theory? Isn't it odd they're always added after The Masters?

#20 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

The Blue Jays et al are NOT rsn remaps. They need the bandwidth.

What 21st century? Since when does the 21st century mean you get everything?

Ranting is not going to change where things are. The Masters causes this every year and you rant about it every year.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

spam firewall