Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blue Jays, Phillies, and Astros feeds on Extra Innings

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

They do show after hours on CBC's with NHL CI at least with the free trials.

CBC isn't available in the sports pack, and CBC doesn't broadcast baseball.

The pre/post shows are produced and copyrighted by the RSN, not the team. They are separate productions and thats why they are only available if you subscribe to the RSN via sports pack.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

CBC isn't available in the sports pack, and CBC doesn't broadcast baseball.

The pre/post shows are produced and copyrighted by the RSN, not the team. They are separate productions and thats why they are only available if you subscribe to the RSN via sports pack.

Haven't paid attention this year. Last year, the availability of the pre and post games varied by the source (which RSN). Are they flat out not available this year?

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#203 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Haven't paid attention this year. Last year, the availability of the pre and post games varied by the source (which RSN). Are they flat out not available this
year?

I have no idea.

#204 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Well, here we go again, Phils fans.  As a result of last night's rainout, today's Phillies-White Sox game, originally scheduled for 4:05 pm, was moved up an hour to 3:05 pm so that last night's game could be made up tonight at 8:15 pm.  The afternoon game was properly bumped up to 3:05 on DirecTV's MLBEI schedule, and was shown on 725, 725-1, 726 and 726-1, using CSN Chicago's and CSN Philly's feeds (it went 11 innings).  Both the Phillies and White Sox websites show the second game being broadcast on the same channels as the first game.  But the second game isn't on anywhere on DirecTV's MLBEI's package, it's not shown anywhere in the guide for the MLB channels (720s, 730s and 740s) or on other sports channels, and the only entry shown in Smart Search is the proper 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm listing on channel 665 (the normal location for CSN Chicago), which is blacked out here, as it would normally be, since I'm not in the Chicago area locally.  Channels 725, 725-1, 726 and 726-1 all currently show "Upcoming: Twins @ Yankees" for tomorrow's 1:00 pm matchup between those teams.

I called DirecTV, and the CSR checked in her system, but didn't really know anything, and couldn't find tonight's game broadcast (either Phillies or White Sox feed) anywhere.  She said that her description for channel 665 was a replay of this afternoon's game, but she apparently couldn't actually view the channel to tell me whether it looked like a replay of this afternoon's game (full daylight) or this evening's game (stadium lights on, getting dark out).

Does anyone in the Chicago area know if channel 665 is showing this evening's White Sox feed or a replay of this afternoon's game?  Is anyone (not in Philly or Chicago) with the MLB InDemand cable package able to see the second game?

With NHLCI, NBALP and other specialty sports programming (Masters, Wimbledon, US Open, etc.) presumably not currently causing any bandwidth limitations, what happened here?

1 - MLB failed to update DirecTV with the second game information, causing channels 725, 725-1, 726, 726-1 to not continue showing the two CSN feeds until 11:00 tonight (such that there's nothing DirecTV could do to show the second game).

2 - DirecTV failed to update its programming guide to show the second game.

3 - Some other failure.

4 - (Yet Again) "How many times have we told you obnoxious Phillies fans that neither DirecTV nor MLBEI guarantee that every game will be shown on the MLBEI package?" (heh, heh).

Just wondering (since I was kind of looking forward to settling in to watch tonight's game).  Thanks for any comments.

Edited by gcd0865, 13 July 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#205 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

8:15pm is in Fox's national window, no one can show it outside of the local markets, it's also why there's no regular scheduled evening games until 10pm tonight.

Oddly enough, I wonder what iNDemand ended up doing for the earlier game. Their schedule had the game on at 4pm on GAME01, who was also carrying the YES feed of the Yankee game at 1pm and they didn't issue any schedule updates.

Edited by KyL416, 13 July 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#206 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Nothing wrong with DirecTV, the game was played during the FOX window. The local RSNs got waivers to air the game in market, but certainly can't air out of market.

#207 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Late game still on in Chicago 665

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#208 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Nothing wrong with DirecTV, the game was played during the FOX window. The local RSNs got waivers to air the game in market, but certainly can't air out of market.

As expected, also blacked out on MLB.tv. For everyone as local markets can't get it either there.

Actually, despite the long post above, directv actually got it right. Often they mess up when game times change.

Edited by tonyd79, 13 July 2013 - 10:11 PM.

LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#209 OFFLINE   gcd0865

gcd0865

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Ah, got it - thanks for clearing this up.  Didn't know that Saturday evenings are exclusive to Fox; that explains things.  Did that exclusive Fox window used to be on Saturday afternoons and got moved to Saturday evenings?  I seem to remember that Fox games used to be on Saturday afternoons and are on Saturday evenings this year.  I also remember not being able to see Saturday afternoon Phillies games despite having the MLBEI package, and I guess I just thought that the exclusivity had since expired.  So now, I'll just have to remember that I can never see Saturday night Phillies games, despite having the MLBEI package.  Too bad the DirecTV CSR couldn't have simply told me this.  Thanks again...

#210 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

The exclusive window is whenever Fox is airing their games. Next week it's at 4pm ET

#211 OFFLINE   FLWingNut

FLWingNut

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

As expected, also blacked out on MLB.tv. For everyone as local markets can't get it either there. Actually, despite the long post above, directv actually got it right. Often they mess up when game times change.

I thought the FOX blackout rule didn't apply to MLB.tv but I know now that I was mistaken. Wanted to watch Rangers-Tigers on my iPad and got the blackout message. FOX gave our area Cubs-Cards.

#212 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Any reason why we aren't getting the Blue Jays feed vs the Orioles today?  I'm able to watch the game on the other feed but it's a little weird since they've been pretty consistent in providing the Rogers feeds for a while until today.  Doesn't seem like there is a bandwidth crunch, just inconsistent.  Very frustrating.

Edited by Eksynyt, 14 July 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#213 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Any reason why we aren't getting the Blue Jays feed vs the Orioles today?  I'm able to watch the game on the other feed but it's a little weird since they've been pretty consistent in providing the Rogers feeds for a while until today.  Doesn't seem like there is a bandwidth crunch, just inconsistent.  Very frustrating.

on Sportsnet ONE

I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#214 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 816 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

on Sportsnet ONE

What's on Rogers SportsNet then?  It's not hockey season.  And why can't DirecTV use the Sportsnet ONE feed?

#215 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

What's on Rogers SportsNet then?  It's not hockey season.  And why can't DirecTV use the Sportsnet ONE feed?

The Indycar race from Toronto:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

In Canada the CRTC regulates everything, including where a channel can be placed. The main SportsNet channels can be carried on an analog tier, however SportsNet One, like any other specialty channel that launched after 2001, is digital only. If a major national event is on they put it on SportsNet while the Blue Jays, which have games almost daily, air on SportsNet One. Times have changed though, unlike in the past when Sportsnet operated on a model similar to our Fox Sports Nets where any national content was filler between local sports, for the most part Sportsnet is national scheduling wise, outside of the NHL and NFL season and some regional variations for Fox's Saturday MLB games.

EDIT: For the record, iNDemand isn't carrying SportsNet One's feed today either, just MASN's.

Edited by KyL416, 14 July 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#216 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,419 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I thought the FOX blackout rule didn't apply to MLB.tv but I know now that I was mistaken.

Beginning next year, it won't -- the Fox games will be on MLB.tv as well (with the one airing in your local market blacked out).
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#217 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

What's on Rogers SportsNet then? It's not hockey season. And why can't DirecTV use the Sportsnet ONE feed?

They don't have a contract for the sportsnet one games.

Why do you think they have the rights for every feed everywhere? The game was on. What's the big deal?

Edited by tonyd79, 14 July 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#218 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

They don't have a contract for the sportsnet one games.Why do you think they have the rights for every feed everywhere? The game was on. What's the big deal?

Some people seem to be incredibly obsessive with every feed of every game. I can't believe someone would actually have time to WATCH all of these.

In the old days, there was only one feed. And there was no HD. And nothing was available on Wednesdays. It's so much better now.....but the complaints continue. Furthermore, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to Buck Martinez over Gary Thorne.

#219 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Some people seem to be incredibly obsessive with every feed of every game. I can't believe someone would actually have time to WATCH all of these.
In the old days, there was only one feed. And there was no HD. And nothing was available on Wednesdays. It's so much better now.....but the complaints continue. Furthermore, I don't know why anyone would want to listen to Buck Martinez over Gary Thorne.

Well, with the O's broadcast there is always the risk of getting Jim Hunter. Yikes!

#220 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 816 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Dear lord you did not just call Gary Thorne a good announcer did you?  I happen to really enjoy the Rogers Feeds because it's the only Canadian TV I can ever legally see...so there.

spam firewall