Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR2x Hidden Features

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Not sure if this has been posted here before as I could not find it, but I wanted to share some features that are hidden on HR2x receivers that can be activated via the smart search for those who may not know about it.

To enable such a feature you want to go to:
Menu > Search & Browse > Smart Search

From there enter the code then press the red button on the remote then select All then select Done.

You can search codes using the arrows on the remote control or use the remote control as if text messaging using triple-tap.

After you type the code and follow the above steps, it will take a minute or more to search. And no results will be found. However, the code will have been successfully activated even though their is no confirmation message.

Like:

30SKIP:
This code allows the 30 second skip button on the remote to instead slip 30 seconds allowing a true 30 second skip feature. The advantage of this is that it eliminates the few second fast-forwarding of 30 seconds of content.
I personally like this feature as I was not a fan of the default 30 seconds skip. To disable this feature enter 30SLIP as a code instead.

If you know of any other codes please share :grin:

Edited by Volatility, 07 April 2013 - 05:51 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Please refrain from posting edgecutter comments outside of the edgecutter forum section. This is against the forum's posted policies. :nono2:

#3 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

30SKIP vs 30SLIP is well documented, not a secret at all....

#4 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Please refrain from posting edgecutter comments outside of the edgecutter forum section. This is against the forum's posted policies. :nono2:

Use of IAMANEDGECUTTER isn't restricted. However, the preferred way of sending a report and getting a report number is to do a keyword search on SENDREPORT. Everyone posting issues in the thread should be posting with report numbers.

Mike

Edited by Mike Bertelson, 08 April 2013 - 02:13 PM.

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#5 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Use of IAMANEDGECUTTER isn't restricted.

These days it doesn't do anything more than give access to the Misc. Menu for sending reports. Everyone posting issues in the thread should be posting with report numbers. It's one of very few things that is useful for discussion in open forums.

Mike

By the way for anyone who is unaware, this is what the Misc Menu Looks like:

Posted Image

Pretty old information as this dates back to atleast going to say 08. Looking to see if their are any others beyond 30skip and edgecutter.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

To be clear the preferred way of sending a report and getting a report number is to do a keyword search on SENDREPORT. Everyone posting issues in the thread should be posting with report numbers.

It's an important part of the reporting process that everyone reporting should do. It gives DIRECTV additional information they can use to troubleshoot issues.

This requires an internet connection so if someone can't send a report they should still post the issue.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall