Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rays-Rangers game disappears

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I live in the Tampa Bay area and was watching the Rays-Rangers game on Sun Sports and when the game went to commercial after the bottom of the second inning the game was gone and another program was being aired. When I called DirecTV they said it was a Sun Sports programming issue. When I called Sun Sports (653) they said it was a DirecTV issue. So I called DirecTV again and was told it was their fault and that they were working on resolving the issue by authorizing the MLB EI feed. Well when I put that channel on I got the same program that was airing on Sun Sports! For my troubles they gave me 6 months of Starz/Encore for free. When I went to check to see if I could view these channels only the standard def channels were authorized! I had to call back yet again to get them to re-authorize the channels for me.

DirecTV has really gone downhill in the 12 years I have been a customer. The more I pay, the worst the service gets. Their whole home DVR solution is hokey compared to what Verizon FIOS offers which is why I will be switching as soon as I can. :mad:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

DirecTV has really gone downhill in the 12 years I have been a customer. The more I pay, the worst the service gets. Their whole home DVR solution is hokey compared to what Verizon FIOS offers which is why I will be switching as soon as I can. :mad:

Sorry to hear you spoke to an agent that did not have the correct information for you the first time.

Do you care to elaborate on the bolded portion? I've had zero issues with my whole home service and I have only noticed it become more and more stable as time goes on.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#3 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

i seen that also, direcTV had a bad day, the Blue Jays @ Tigers just shut off at @ 7:00 when the game was in middle of the 9th because they didn't know the NBA was move over to FSPD+

#4 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Tonights Dodgers game is on an alternate Prime Ticket feed. I wonder if DirecTV botches this one. :D

http://www.foxsports...827&feedID=3656

#5 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

You should be OK with the Dodgers tonight.

The game appears on 689 and 689-1, an RSN alternate, and it also appears on 745 and 745-1 in the EI package.

When these events are planned ahead, D* does well.

They're just not very nimble when it comes to situations like the Tigers today - rain delays and overlapping programming with unique blackout restrictions.

#6 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Absolutely unacceptable that they did not make every feed available for every game.

#7 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I mentioned this particular 'asleep at the switch' on another thread; I always watch the rays feed, having lived in St. Pete years ago during the Devil Rays first season. I switched to the Rangers feed (I've lived in DFW twice) and didn't make any calls (my blood pressure thanked me).

Oh, btw, some of the Dodgers feeds (that bounce around Fox Sports West whatever) aren't being mapped as well, so the comment that they are 'okay' isn't quite true.

#8 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I mentioned this particular 'asleep at the switch' on another thread; I always watch the rays feed, having lived in St. Pete years ago during the Devil Rays first season. I switched to the Rangers feed (I've lived in DFW twice) and didn't make any calls (my blood pressure thanked me).

Oh, btw, some of the Dodgers feeds (that bounce around Fox Sports West whatever) aren't being mapped as well, so the comment that they are 'okay' isn't quite true.

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers have a bunch of their games on KCAL, which Extra Innings will apparently never show.

#9 OFFLINE   tjguitar

tjguitar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure the Dodgers have a bunch of their games on KCAL, which Extra Innings will apparently never show.

he was referring to the games on Prime Ticket alternate due to Clippers conflict.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...