Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

dsl headache

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

dont know how to start explaining this but over the last few weeks ive been having frequent dsl disconnects. broadband light stays solid green, service light just goes away. spent hours every few days on the phone with att support. they say my wires and jack are good since the broadband signal stays solid. they have done test after test, ive replaced the jack anyway, replaced ethernet cables, done multiple hard resets of each modem ive had, which now im on att's 3rd netgear 7550 wireless n gateway. all 3 have the issues. ive tried the netgear n600 and the actiontec dsl 300 gateway. all have same problem. so, it has got to be on att's side. they claim its their network issue but no one seems to know how to fix it.

has anyone here had this issue? on the modem the service light just goes off and doesnt turn red. usually i have to power cycle the modem to connect again but sometimes it connects right back. i havent added anything new that i havent had before so i doubt it could be any phones, tv, lights...etc as att tech suggested a few weeks ago. i do have a splitter so i dont need any phone filters. direct dsl line to a single jack.

when i go into the log it says fatal11 deauthenticated due to local deauth request

when i do a test it passes but fails IP each time.

any thoughts as to what is going on? i have windows 7 64bit, att dsl 6.0, their netgear 7550 modem

Xtra + HD Extra Pack + Starz + Showtime
SiriusXM subscriber

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Not surprised...I had that same problem with AT&T years ago. One time it was after a problem with the land line...they had to return as at the box they failed to reconnect the DSL lol. Try going over to DSLreports.com they have an ATT forum there
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,435 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm not up to speed on the correct terminology, but it sounds as though your branch feed is overloaded. Too many DSL customers on a single neighborhood feed will exhibit such behavior.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#4 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

according to the technician that came out today there were 2 major alarms at the dslam and i was on one of the bad ports. he switched me around and now things are back to normal and i once again have stable dsl. out of 5yrs this is the first time ive had this kind of trouble. he worked for a good 2 hours but finally got it fixed...*for now anyways*

im glad i dont have to switch to cable. our local cable company is very expensive (unless you bundle everything) compared to att, and has such a horrible reputation as far as reliability goes.

some good came of all this. after about 2 weeks of dsl troubles and no help whatsoever i started to port my number and sadly move services to the cable company. att retention called me and offered me a sweet deal for 1yr if i stayed with them. only way i would accept is if they fixed my dsl. 2 days later it seems to be fixed and im saving about $700 a year. :)

thanks for the replies...

Xtra + HD Extra Pack + Starz + Showtime
SiriusXM subscriber

spam firewall