Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do I have any hope?!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bungi43

bungi43

Mentor

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try and find an "owned" box to activate. My biggest reason for not going with a contract is I'm looking to move out of the country in the next year or two and don't really want to have to pay a disconnect fee. Same reason I'm not upgrading my cell phone!

I had a contract with D* here about 6 years ago, and I had to move. I wasn't leaving the country, but I was moving. I got a hold of retention, told them where I was living having D* wasn't an option and they let me out.

Not saying it would apply to you, but it did for me.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,171 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Thats right! I forgot all about T-Mobile. I am kinda wondering how long they can do that as companies say they do it for financial reasoning.

And that is the problem, highway robbery!. Prices should go down once the price of the subsidized item is paid.

http://www.nytimes.c...lties.html?_r=0
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,666 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try and find an "owned" box to activate. My biggest reason for not going with a contract is I'm looking to move out of the country in the next year or two and don't really want to have to pay a disconnect fee. Same reason I'm not upgrading my cell phone!

They do let you out if you can't get a signal in the new location. Out of the country would qualify generally, though I don't know if DirecTV Latin America is separate enough. But I understand not wanting to deal with that to begin with. I had a coworker have a tough time get out of a gym contract when she was moving to China.

#24 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Too bad I didn't see this post earlier. Just sold an H-20 for $30 bucks.

#25 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Sure it is. I can sell the phone when I am done with it.

Have sold every phone that I have upgraded with a commitment so that is not a reason

Also, look at the fine print, you have two choices pay around 580.00 up front for the phone, or 99.00 down and 20.00 a month till the phone is paid off in 2 years - this pricing is good as long as you have a good credit score, other then that you pay more - so you still have a 2 year commitment for the cost of the phone

spam firewall