Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ios App

Best Answer David Bott , 01 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

New DBSTalk app should now be able to be downloaded from the app store.

It is a Tapatalk based branded app.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 638 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

So far so good! I suggest anyone with issues do a delete and install new.

I just deleted the app and reinstalled. Seems to have fixed the problem. It also seems much quicker and solved a problem that started yesterday where ads started to appear randomly.

Edit: right after I posted this I started to get multiple crashes. I think I'll stick to the web page for now

Edited by Billzebub, 14 December 2013 - 06:35 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#402 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

In the settings for the app there is an option to clear cache. Try that. I haven't had any problems. Ios 7.0.4 on iPhone 5 here.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#403 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

I spoke too soon. Two crashes in a row now. I sent the error report to tapatalk developers. Hopefully they can get an update in before the iTunes Store freeze at the end of the year. iPhone5,1 iPhone OS 7.0.4 DBSTalk 21000015 Crash:NSRangeException Reason:*** -[__NSCFString substringFromIndex:]: Index 2147483647 out of bounds; string length 31 User info:(null) Back trace:( 0 CoreFoundation 0x2e663e9b + 154 1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x389c06c7 objc_exception_throw + 38 2 CoreFoundation 0x2e663dc5 + 0 3 Foundation 0x2efa52d9 + 108 4 DBSTalk 0x0015a94b DBSTalk + 1390923 5 DBSTalk 0x00157907 DBSTalk + 1378567 6 DBSTalk 0x0015f4e3 DBSTalk + 1410275 7 DBSTalk 0x0011aaaf DBSTalk + 1129135 8 DBSTalk 0x0011bd29 DBSTalk + 1133865 9 Foundation 0x2f047c37 + 1062 10 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x38fd6c5d + 140 11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x38fd6bcf _pthread_start + 102 12 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x38fd4cd0 thread_start + 8 ) crashInfo:{ enterType = 3; forumID = 78197; threadID = 170004; }

#404 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

If you care to try the FREE TapaTalk version, you can find DBSTalk inside that app.  Wondering if that one crashes as it should be the same as the one they make for us.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#405 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

If you care to try the FREE TapaTalk version, you can find DBSTalk inside that app. Wondering if that one crashes as it should be the same as the one they make for us.

Tapatalk app crashes too. Just did trying to enter a thread.

#406 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Both apps crash 100% repeatable every time by attempting to enter HD Locals : Philadelphia PA thread. Path (off the top of my head) : DirecTV products and services > DirectTV general > DirecTV programming > HD Locals Broadcast Issues > Philadelphia, PA

Edited by cypherx, 15 December 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#407 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Does it crash on every thread or just the one? I have found today one thread that mine is crashing on every time as well but it's just the one thread.

#408 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

The app crashes every time I try to read the channel 214 obsolete receiver thread, http://www.dbstalk.c...ceiver-message/  on both iPad and iPhone.

#409 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yep. I was just about to post the same. That thread which is a sticky I think in re dtv general forum crashes me every time.

#410 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

I sent a note to the developer of TapaTalk and pointed to this thread, well at least the last X posts.   

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#411 OFFLINE   tapatalk

tapatalk

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hi this is Andy from Tapatalk Support. We have fixed the crash issue when entered the thread. And it will been included in the new version. If you have any other crash issue please report here. I think I can receive the notifications.

#412 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,280 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

How about an indication of where a notification is from? On the DBSTalk app and the Tapatalk app, the Badge Icon will display a number saying I have a notification, but upon opening the app there is no indication as to where the notification is from.

#413 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,280 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Are we supposed to be seeing ads in the middle of the Forum lists and in threads?

#414 OFFLINE   tapatalk

tapatalk

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

How about an indication of where a notification is from? On the DBSTalk app and the Tapatalk app, the Badge Icon will display a number saying I have a notification, but upon opening the app there is no indication as to where the notification is from.

Oh, we are working on it.

#415 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

Thanks Andy.  Hopefully you guys will be able to get the update live in the App Store before the App Store freeze coming up.

From Apple: 

iTunes Connect will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013.

During that time, iTunes Connect will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit any apps or In-App Purchases. Processing of any Newsstand Atom feeds will be delayed until after December 27. Sales and Trends reports via the Autoingestion tool will be available but may also be delayed.

Also, you should not schedule any pricing changes or apps to go live between those dates. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect in that date range will cause the app to become unavailable for purchase until after December 27. Similarly, apps scheduled to go live during that range will not be released until after December 27.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD, Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#416 OFFLINE   tapatalk

tapatalk

Cool Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Thanks Andy. Hopefully you guys will be able to get the update live in the App Store before the App Store freeze coming up.

From Apple:
iTunes Connect will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013.
During that time, iTunes Connect will not be accessible and you will not be able to submit any apps or In-App Purchases. Processing of any Newsstand Atom feeds will be delayed until after December 27. Sales and Trends reports via the Autoingestion tool will be available but may also be delayed.

Also, you should not schedule any pricing changes or apps to go live between those dates. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect in that date range will cause the app to become unavailable for purchase until after December 27. Similarly, apps scheduled to go live during that range will not be released until after December 27.

Thank you for the information.

#417 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Are we supposed to be seeing ads in the middle of the Forum lists and in threads?

yeah, what's up with this.  Are club members supposed to be seeing ads? 

Attached Files

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#418 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

In regards to the ads....

Are you using the FREE app or the DBSTalk app?  In the FREE app, you would as we can not control settings.  In the DBSTALK app, which may go away, you should not.

Well, hummm, looking into making sure something did not get messed up, it seems that I no longer have a way to omit groups.  Heck, I do not even see a way to put in my ad id's for the apps to use.  So, not even sure where the revenue is going now.  But that does explain why the site support revenue has gone away from the app. 

Andy?

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#419 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,280 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

I was using the DBSTalk app. I don't see the ads in the paid Tapatalk app.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#420 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yup, same here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#421 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

The tapatalk app was updated 12/20 automatically on my iPhone. I am seeing that it is much more stable now.

#422 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

No news on a new version for the dedicated app I am sorry to say.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#423 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Well it wouldn't be able to be released till for a week or after the first anyway at this point. Apple shuts it down over the holidays.

#424 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

LOL..Just got the new update last night in upload.  Missed the window of course.  Now we wait and then their will be a longer time as all the backlog of work is down from the shutdown.

Sorry all.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#425 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

No worries. We will survive!!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...