Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ios App

Best Answer David Bott , 01 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

New DBSTalk app should now be able to be downloaded from the app store.

It is a Tapatalk based branded app.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#426 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

David, from the site owner and revenue point of view, which method do you prefer us using the branded app or Tapatalk? I'm not tied to either, but want to use the one best for you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#427 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Kind of you to ask...Only makes income if an ad is clicked.  If you do not click ads, makes no difference.   

I think at some point I will be just getting away from the dedicated app and having people use the FREE version with ads. (Sorry)  That is because it costs $30 a month to have it and I come nowhere near making that back. LOL...Made $2.92 last month. :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#428 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Kind of you to ask...Only makes income if an ad is clicked. If you do not click ads, makes no difference.

I think at some point I will be just getting away from the dedicated app and having people use the FREE version with ads. (Sorry) That is because it costs $30 a month to have it and I come nowhere near making that back. LOL...Made $2.92 last month. :)

I figured memberships help more than pretty much anything. I know you likely could get more revenue from ads, but it certainly is appreciated by the members that you don't like intrusive pop up, pop under etc any more than we do :)

#429 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Is anyone else's Taptalk Forum List for DBSTalk in a weird sort order? I have mine sorted by Category (as opposed to by Name) and it puts the DirecTV Products and Services forum all the way at the bottom. I've attached a screen shot. Attached File  ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1388762705.883447.jpg   117.78KB   14 downloads - Merg Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#430 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,255 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

My clients have been doing that for a few weeks now.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#431 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

My clients have been doing that for a few weeks now.

Mine's be doing it for a lot longer than that... I think since DBSTalk was first available in Tapatalk.

- Merg

#432 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Yeah the directv topic is all the way at the bottom for me too on the iPhone, both tapatalk and dbstalk apps. I've been using tapatalk lately because it doesn't crash all the time and the one link is more appropriately named "forums".

#433 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, mine has been that way for a long time. No idea why. I mostly use haven't read yet though so its nota big deal really for me.

#434 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,173 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

yup, same here. been like this for quite some time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#435 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 863 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

I stopped using the tap a talk because it was combersome to navigate. I love the dbstalk app. It has been working great. Only thing i would like to do is go into settings and make it so it always opens timeline Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#436 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 863 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Tap a talk. = topify. Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#437 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

"Is anyone else's Taptalk Forum List for DBSTalk in a weird sort order? "

Just to be clear with the above posts, do you mean the TOPIFY app?  (Not TapaTalk)  I ask for if it is TOPIFY, I will move the above posts into that thread.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#438 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

No. This is in the Tapatalk app. Both iPhone and iPad versions.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#439 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

I stopped using the tap a talk because it was combersome to navigate. I love the dbstalk app. It has been working great. Only thing i would like to do is go into settings and make it so it always opens timeline Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

Um they are the same though.....

#440 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Not sure if this is a Tapatalk/DBSTalk app issue or a forum issue.

I subscribed to a forum to get updates whenever anything is posted there. I am finding that I am not getting those updates. I just received a notification via Tapatalk and the DBSTalk app and an email notification as well for a post just being made. When viewing the forum, I found that there had been multiple posts of the last few hours for which I never received notification.

- Merg

#441 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

If you men you are not getting emails...than that would be forum.  Check your subscriptions and see how they are set to notify you.  I do see one went out today and was delivered and opened.  So mail is going out.  So I would check your settings.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#442 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well, you can't see what the current settings are for the threads or forums that you are following. If you select Change, it just shows Choose Action, but gives no indication as to what you currently had selected. I went through and told all my followed threads and forums to be Immediate.

As for the subscription notice today, I did receive one, but upon pulling up the thread I saw that there were other posts earlier in the day that I didn't get a notification about (either via email or the apps).

What is the default Notification setting when you use the apps to follow a thread or forum?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#443 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Well, there were three more posts in the forum I am subscribed to and I got no emails or notifications via the apps. I also checked the forum itself and there are no notifications there either.

- Merg

#444 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Bug Report: Cannot Unsubscribe from Thread

This issue occurs in both the Tapatalk and DBSTalk app. If I go the Subscribed filter and select a thread, I can then select to Unsubscribe. If I return to the Subscribed filter, the thread is still listed there. If I go back into the thread, it shows that I can unsubscribe again.

- Merg

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#445 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Well, you can't see what the current settings are for the threads or forums that you are following. If you select Change, it just shows Choose Action, but gives no indication as to what you currently had selected. I went through and told all my followed threads and forums to be Immediate.

Under 'Content You Follow' if you click 'Toggle Edit Options' it shows you the current subscription settings for each thread. You can also place a check in the box beside each thread to change settings for multiple threads; at the very bottom of the list you will find the Choose Action pull down to make changes for the multiple threads selected above.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV  DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 7am-12:30am ET)  DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25.99 ($30.99 with HBO) | 3=$36.99 ($41.99 with HBO) | 4=$45.99 ($50.99 with HBO) | All 5=$57.99 per month

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#446 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Under 'Content You Follow' if you click 'Toggle Edit Options' it shows you the current subscription settings for each thread. You can also place a check in the box beside each thread to change settings for multiple threads; at the very bottom of the list you will find the Choose Action pull down to make changes for the multiple threads selected above.

Got it. Thanks. Although, that's a stupid feature as there's no way to know that.

- Merg

#447 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

He seemed to know it.  :)   (Sorry, just could not help myself. ;))

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#448 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Pfffftttthhhh! :) - Merg Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#449 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

The interesting thing is that you are getting the notices from this thread.  I can see them going out....but it seems only these.  So I know the email notice system is working.  So I am thinking it has to be your settings as all I see is this thread and one new thread forum notice from 2 days ago.  

I looked at your settings, and it does look to be correctly set so I am kind of at a loss as to why this thread is working just fine while the few others are not.  Might I suggesting a logout to clear the cookies and then log back in.  Not that this would solve it, but worth a shot.

This topic should be it's own support thread to help vs in the iOS thread.  However, the above about it not changing the settings when in the app in something I will report to them.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#450 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Okay, I've subscribed to another Forum for notification and verified that ALL of my notifications for both forums and threads are set to Immediate. I'll see if I start getting notifications for the other forum. I'll create a new thread for this topic...

- Merg

Protected By... spam firewall...And...