Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ios App

Best Answer David Bott , 01 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

New DBSTalk app should now be able to be downloaded from the app store.

It is a Tapatalk based branded app.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

It works!

It is displaying two signatures though.

It is displaying two signatures advertisements though.  Anyone who uses that should have to pay DBS for each ad they place.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

I'm on Android but as the iOS users are also experiencing the mobile app no longer working, it got me to thinking.

With the forums now being ran by Invision Power Board.  Is there a setting or a "switch" if you will, that the mods can throw to enable use with Tapatalk forum software?  I know a great many forums can be utilized via the Tapatalk app on Android, I assume the app is also available for iOS?

I am on Android and the app works...See the setting mentioned above to set in the app.  I have sent a message to the app developers, but no reply.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#23 OFFLINE   montanaxvi

montanaxvi

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Someone must have gotten through to the Android app dev team.  My Android app is working flawlessly now, with no changes on my part.

Thanks Dave.

#24 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

No changes here.  I had no update.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#25 OFFLINE   montanaxvi

montanaxvi

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Oh well it works now. All that matters.

#26 OFFLINE   bubbacummins

bubbacummins

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Mobile App - Added back support for our dedicated app and found you can not get into threads without special settings. -

1. When Opening a Thread, Always: Jump to First Page

2. On Forum and Search Summary Pages, Show: First Post in Thread

3. Posts Per Page: 20

...A bug report has been sent to the developer on this. But at least it is a work around. Special thanks to member Blurayfan.

This worked for me on my iphone4, thankfully, since I don't like the mobile forum version :(, had this happen to another site too but I may try those settings since its the same app

#27 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Is there a particular reason tapatalk isn't being looked into? They seem to have a much better support for their product and ipboard than FR does now...

#28 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I purchased the ForumRunner app to make it free for the members.  As such, we are trying to get what we paid for as it is said to work with IP.Board.  They need to fix a few things and I have submitted bug tickets.

We could move to Tapatalk, and may.  But right now it would run me $30 a month to have it.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#29 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

The mobile skin really is nice, the more that I use it. Forum Runner or Tapatalk would be better but this mobile skin is very useful. I'm using it right now on the iPhone while I'm out. Anyone know how to increase the default font size? That's really my biggest issue right now.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#30 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Because we can't seem to use attachments with the mobile skin, I may switch to the DBSTalk Forum Runner app once they fix the "show first post in thread" option. I tried using Forum Runner now, and I find it a PITA to always have to start from the first post when opening a long thread, especially if it has multiple pages. Just me, tho.

/steve

#31 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Because we can't seem to use attachments with the mobile skin, I may switch to the DBSTalk Forum Runner app once they fix the "show first post in thread" option. I tried using Forum Runner now, and I find it a PITA to always have to start from the first post when opening a long thread, especially if it has multiple pages. Just me, tho.

Oh yeah, it's not just you, unusable for me in its current state, I totally rely on the thread unread status, so I'm on the mobile skin for my iPhone until the fix. iPad with regular skin until the fix.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#32 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I purchased the ForumRunner app to make it free for the members. As such, we are trying to get what we paid for as it is said to work with IP.Board. They need to fix a few things and I have submitted bug tickets.

We could move to Tapatalk, and may. But right now it would run me $30 a month to have it.

The $30/mo is only if you want your own personal branded app I thought....

Thought the free form still allows you to monetize off links and such...

#33 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think the FREE version they make the money from.  Though I could be wrong.

Correction...It would cost me $40 a month as they charge per platform...Android and iOS.  (Plus $99 activation fee)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#34 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think the FREE version they make the money from. Though I could be wrong.

Correction...It would cost me $40 a month as they charge per platform...Android and iOS. (Plus $99 activation fee)

Yeah it seems the free allows revenue still...vigilink and stuff...

http://tapatalk.com/faq.php

#35 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Only that.   Look at the FAQ.  It does not allow for ads to benefit your site.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#36 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Only that. Look at the FAQ. It does not allow for ads to benefit your site.

Ohhhh never use forumrunner much so I never realized it'd allow that... Few times I did sites always seemed to look the same as tapatalk sites add wise... If I saw any at all...

#37 ONLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Branded App not functional today, receiving a message of a parse error.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#38 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi..

Thanks.  We are ware of this as it started as soon as we updated the servers operating system.  (Which is something I had to do and this not going back.)  I am waiting for ForumRunner (Vb) to get me a new beta they are working on.  They are aware also. 

Please not now use the mobile skin of the site on your mobile browser.  If they do not come though in a timely manor, I wil need to look into another solution.  

(BTW...I also am not happy about this as it takes away ad revenue that the site needs.)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#39 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

It will be interesting to see if Forum Runner steps up. As much as it looks like other Apps are now more creative, it would be nice to at least be able to go back to what we were used to. Wishing you good luck.

Though the IP mobile skin is actually fairly nice. I really do like it.

I wish I could figure out how to add a "follow" from within the mobile skin, and make the font of a post a little bigger. Those are really my only items, especially the font size when I'm on the run. During the week I do alot of reading while mobile.

#40 ONLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Branded app working great tonight. Parse error gone and the app can successfully jump to first unread post. Only issues I see are sometimes the page the app believes it is on does not match the posts that are shown. Simply choosing a different page and then go back displays the correct page with matching posts. Also the issue of posts that contain special formatting display the formatting code for example on quotes it states blockquote. Another example is strong for boldest text.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

Protected By... spam firewall...And...