Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ios App

Best Answer David Bott , 01 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

New DBSTalk app should now be able to be downloaded from the app store.

It is a Tapatalk based branded app.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   DawgLink

DawgLink

Woof Woof Woof

• Registered
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

I get it as well

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

I also get the message.

#63 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Augh...I had to install it to start to develop the dedicated app...They did not say it would do that.  I have now removed the hook and I hope that stops the issue.

The app needs to be made, then I need to setup accounts with Apple and Google to get the app published.  I did not know I would need to do that all myself as ForumRunner handled all that for us in the past.  So a lot more to do to use TapaTalk than I expected or wanted. 

Thanks for letting me know.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#64 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

With Tapatalk on iOS, there are currently three versions, soon possibly four.

There's the basic version (Tapatalk) for $2.99. There's the new version (Tapatalk 2) with the more modern UI for $3.99. And there's the iPad customized version (Tapatalk HD) for $4.99.

There may also soon be a Tapatalk 2 HD for the iPad.

The Quoord systems guys have been busy, they certainly get lots of favorable reviews and awards, and I've purchased every version since its only a few bucks and ad free, and available for most every forum as we move to a more mobile society.

What I wonder about is with a branded App, which of the flavors above will be supported.

Personally, today I use Tapatalk 2 on the iPhone and iPad, but will probably move to Tapatalk 2 HD on the iPad when it's released. I was on Tapatalk HD on the iPad until Tapatalk 2 was released.

I've not found any ads on any of the versions, for any of the forums that I follow.

For Tapatalk 2, there's also been 7 enhancement releases since Tapatalk 2 was released in December. Been updates on 1/3, 1/16, 2/5, 3/21, 4/13, 5/3, and most recently on 5/11.

I wonder how new releases would be handled with a dedicated app. The older Tapatalk had 14 updates during 2012.

Just curious.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#65 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

As updates come out, we will need to upload them as they are released.  At this time the only one they off to us is version 1.2.1 of the app.  (Whatever that is.)  I am not aware of what is inside the zip file that TapaTalk sent me that I then needed to upload to Apple.  I am not sure if it both iPhone and iPad version in one file or what. I do know that it is not ver 2 as that is not yet released for the branded owners.  But have been told within the next month.

I just uploaded today the zipped app to Apple and now we are waiting for it to be "approved" by them.  (Apple does not make this at all easy.  It was the WORST process I have ever had to go though for something that should be so simple.)  So at this time we just wait.  Again, not sure, nor was I aware, their was a version for the phone vs the pad.  So I am guessing they are in the same file.

But this is all out of our control.  

And if they are releasing software that often, it does not make me feel good I will tell you that.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#66 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

The regular version of Tapatalk is universal. The HD version is just a little more optimized for the iPad. I still use the regulars Tapatalk on my iPhone and iPad.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#67 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Good to know...thanks.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#68 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:58 PM   Best Answer

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#69 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yep, I've got it and am sending this message from my iPhone using the new app. Works great for me!

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#70 OFFLINE   jagrim

jagrim

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thank you David Bott

#71 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

So far, I'm really liking the new app!

#72 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Woohoo. Very nice.

What's with the neon green. :)

So nice to be back to normal on the iPhone and iPad.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#73 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,292 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

You lose anonymous status when logged in with the app (same as the Forum Runner branded one). I believe this is due to there being no check box option when logging in via the app. I think if they would allow you to set it once in the UserCP it would always be in use as it was with vB unless you manually unchecked it in the UserCP.

Not a big deal though, overall very nice app. Also like the fact that Club Members have no ads within the app!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DBSTalk mobile app

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#74 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Woohoo. Very nice.

What's with the neon green. :)

So nice to be back to normal on the iPhone and iPad.

The green was my bad...I missed the setting for the iOS app colors.  I thought that once I set my colors, it would be set for both apps, silly me.

I have made the change to be more like this main site.  Next time you restart the app, it will auto correct. (Note I said restart, like it needs to be stopped and reloaded vs put into the background.)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#75 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Thanks David.

Just restarted. Fabulous.

This is great, played with it and customized (settings) last night on the iPhone and iPad and it is perfect.

Thanks again for moving to a great mobile platform.

While the mobile skin is actually quite nice, having a true mobile app and one that is continuing to be enhanced by Quoord is even better.

And now it looks good too!

#76 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

Downloaded the new iOS app, only things I wish it would do that it doesn't is honor the hide forum, invisible preferences.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#77 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

Downloaded the new iOS app, only things I wish it would do that it doesn't is honor the hide forum, invisible preferences.

That is because that was a plugin that we added to the site and is not a part of IP.Board directly.  I would not expect Tapatalk to honor plugins as they can change etc and they would never know which ones people will use.  That would be a nightmare. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#78 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

You lose anonymous status when logged in with the app (same as the Forum Runner branded one). I believe this is due to there being no check box option when logging in via the app. I think if they would allow you to set it once in the UserCP it would always be in use as it was with vB unless you manually unchecked it in the UserCP.

Not a big deal though, overall very nice app. Also like the fact that Club Members have no ads within the app!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DBSTalk mobile app

It seems to be coming ... https://support.tapa...tapatalk.13186/

#79 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

That is because that was a plugin that we added to the site and is not a part of IP.Board directly.  I would not expect Tapatalk to honor plugins as they can change etc and they would never know which ones people will use.  That would be a nightmare.

Interesting. I always thought that hiding forums was a standard feature of vB, IPB, and all the forum software.

#80 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

I thought is was talkin about in the USER CP vs the - thing you click I do believe. (In the USer CP as a Club Member you can hind them.) 

I also think the - thing is a cookie setting that is stored. (I think)  If that is the case, the app would not know. ;)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Protected By... spam firewall...And...