Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My first swimline install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joe58

joe58

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I am trying my luck at my first swimline dish install (having previously installed 2 of the old triple lnb dishes) but am having little luck. It is the Slimline 3LNB with swm built in the lnb (SL3-P I think). Also am trying to use a H21-100 receiver at aim with (as any meter would be well beyond by fiscal ability, go the dish free from father in law). The only signals I seem to be able to get are on 101, transpoders 28, 30, and 32 all of which are in the upper 80's. I have checked multiple times and am pretty sure I have it all hooked up correctly, dish to swm splitter using power passing port and then to PI and to dish from there. Any help on what I may be missing or aiming tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Triple sats aimed at the 110 satellite. Your new dish aims at the 101. Sounds like its hooked up right, but pointing at the wrong satellite. Try swinging it east about 9 degrees and recheck your elevation.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yup, getting only TPs 28, 30, and 32 means you are pointing at the 110 sat.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   joe58

joe58

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks. Will start again tomorrow and try again. You guys are great.

Joe

#5 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Unless you are near the 110 longitude, you will have to adjust your elevation and likely the skew.

#6 OFFLINE   joe58

joe58

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Nine degrees to the right and a little elevation tweak and sure enough I found my signals. Thanks to all who helped. :)

Joe

• studechip likes this

#7 OFFLINE   BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

It's embarrasing when you do that isn't it. I share your pain. I did exactly the same thing on my second install in our RV. I was so sure I had 101. Fortunately, others on a forum like this pointed out that I too had done the setup on 110 instead of 101. And I was using a medium priced meter which did not save me the embarrasement of hitting 110.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...