Well, the move went well, we missed our back on-line time by not that much so that is good.
All in all, this is a thread were you can give us your thoughts - Kindly please, and make suggestions. We will also update this post with things we know about and will be working on so hopefully you will not need to report something.
Things to know....
E-Mail - Not Receiving - The new software sends out mail as HTML and based on the content, it could be blocked in your Spam Filter. Please add dbstalk.com to your whitelist. I would whitelist the domain and not just ... dbstalk_support @ dbstalk.com ... as that address could change.
FAQ Area If Needed - http://www.dbstalk.c...ore&module=help (HELP at the bottom of any page.)
Your User Settings - You will find your user setting by clicking on your name in the upper left under the logo. You will find a number of items their including a link that will just show threads you are following.
Jump to First Unread Post - You can just to the first unread post in a thread by clicking on the DOT next to the thread title.
Jump to Last Post - You can jump to the last post in a thread by clicking on the Date Time Stamp on the right side column of the post title.
Private Messages (PM's) - It seems that the old Vb site keeps all the PM's even if you deleted them. It did not actually delete them, but hid them. We were not aware of this. As such...at this time, ALL YOUR PM's from long ago are back. Please feel free to delete them as you would like. At this time their are no limits on PM's because of this, but at some point, we will put the storage limits back into place. So please be aware of this.
Mobile App - Added back support for our dedicated app and found you can not get into threads without special settings. -
1. When Opening a Thread, Always: Jump to First Page
2. On Forum and Search Summary Pages, Show: First Post in Thread
3. Posts Per Page: 20
...A bug report has been sent to the developer on this. But at least it is a work around. Special thanks to member Blurayfan.
Things we will be working on...
- Using Tables in posts. - BBCode now added, but in Beta as it really is not supported.
- Quoted text in Mobile skin not formatted right - FIXED
- For Quick Nav at bottom of forums and threads. - NOW ADDED! (Thanks BLWedge09!)
- Add Joined date under post data. - NOW ADDED! (Thanks BLWedge09!)
- Quote post in a PM...We need to find a plugin that does not. - NOW ADDED for Club Members
- Separating the Pinned Posts a little more from the normal posts. - NOW ADDED! (Thanks BLWedge09!)
- Changing the default avatar when someone does not use one. - DONE
- Adding a timer for the EDITED BY so it you can edit a post with X mins before it shows as edited. - Edit option added for Club members.
- Adding an option to set the number of posts to view in a thread. - Would require custom programming.
- Mark the Topic Starter inside a thread. - NOW ADDED!
- Add on-line/Off-line status to show by user name - NOW ADDED!
We will be TRYING to do the above. Not sure how fast or if even we can without much issue. We want to be careful for everything we add to the site that is not part of the default system can make for issues when we need to update the software.
Thanks again to all that helped test and we hope you enjoy the new DBSTalk.
Your DBSTalk Team