Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Setting skew

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   2psnapod2

2psnapod2

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

How do I set the skew?  I have found the info but not sure how to set.  If I have a -15 skew, what setting should the dish be set to?  75 degrees or 105 degrees?  Can some one explain the negative and positive skew settings?  Thanks in advance.

Michael

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,166 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I assume you are using the dishpointer app with a negative skew listing;

Therefore it would be 105 degrees or 15 degrees counter-clockwise from level (90 degrees on the antenna mount) when standing behind the dish.

I guess your location is therefore west of the 101 longitude meridian. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#3 OFFLINE   2psnapod2

2psnapod2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thanks, that is what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure.  Yes I am located in Utah at the moment.  I am a full time RV'r and move often.  For some reason I am not getting all my HD channels.  Getting some of them but not all.  Very Strange.  The wind did come up yesterday and blow my dish over and now I am having this issue.  Dish is all set back up now and TIED DOWN.  I am learning as I go.  Will never set up without tying it down again.  

#4 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Might not hurt to check the 'bowl' for dings, puckers, dents, dollops, creases, or any other blems.

You're probably OK, but I saw a dish last summer so subtly whinged I didn't notice anything amiss, and had to call a tech to be told about it.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,449 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Might not hurt to check the 'bowl' for dings, puckers, dents, dollops, creases, or any other blems.

Very important, Not to be dismissed ^^^^^

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationCleveland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

How do I set the skew?  I have found the info but not sure how to set.  If I have a -15 skew, what setting should the dish be set to?  75 degrees or 105 degrees?  Can some one explain the negative and positive skew settings?  Thanks in advance.

Michael

What is you zip code and I'll tell you exactly what the skew setting should be....................

SIG

Protected By... spam firewall...And...