Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lied to by DISH

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cloudnine

cloudnine

• Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Last week I called and inquired about getting satellite internet installed at my home. I am a 14 year DISH customer. My employer is willing to pay for my home internet because I am the IT administrator for a small town in North Carolina. After two different CSRs checked with two different supervisors I was told that after the service was installed I could call and request a separate invoice for the internet service in my employers name. The service was installed this past weekend and works fine. When I called this morning to request a separate invoice in my employers name I was told by a supervisor that was not possible. That the service was bundled with my TV programming and it was not possible to unbundle it. Needless to say I am furious about being lied to by DISH. And now I'm stuck with a two year agreement that I can't afford.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Expense it monthly to your company...shouldnt be an issue. 

#3 OFFLINE   cloudnine

cloudnine

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Expense it monthly to your company...shouldnt be an issue. 

I wish it were that simple. I work for a town government with a by-the-book finance officer. Not as simple as it sounds.

#4 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Expensing a cost that you've been told they'll pay for sounds by-the-book to me.

#5 ONLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

This is one of the reasons to avoid bundling.  I would have placed the order another way.

Still, if you can document your conversations with Dish, they should honor the request.  Your employer may be able to do some arm-twisting if they won't accept you expensing it with documentation monthly.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I want to first start off by saying, Thank You for your 14+ years with DISH! When you get DISH for TV and Internet services, the bill will be bundled. The bill will be itemized and will show what you’re individual cost will be for the TV and Internet services.

Thanks.

#7 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

GASP!

A first level CSR at any TV provider fibbed?

(sorry, that's an obligatory post, some one is required to make it on every thread like this and it was my turn)

:D

#8 OFFLINE   cloudnine

cloudnine

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

I want to first start off by saying, Thank You for your 14+ years with DISH! When you get DISH for TV and Internet services, the bill will be bundled. The bill will be itemized and will show what you’re individual cost will be for the TV and Internet services.

Thanks.

The fact that two different CSRs checked with two different supervisors and both said that I could get a separate invoice for internet is what makes me furious. 14 years of loyalty means nothing when they are willing to lie to me to get me to sign up for the service. Why can't they unbundle it and send a separate invoice LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD! My employer won't pay for it unless they get an invoice from DISH.

#9 ONLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Cancel it.  If they try to stick you with a cancellation fee, raise caine.  See a lawyer if need be.  I'm also being billed for things contrary to my contract and so far the DIRT has done nothing to resolve the matter.

Dish CS has fallen way off recently.

#10 OFFLINE   cloudnine

cloudnine

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

I finally spoke to someone in the retention dept. and he settled the matter to my satisfaction. I still need to get my employer to agree to pay off of my monthly invoice, but preliminary indications are good. Case closed. Thanks for your responses. I was very frustrated after having a good 14 year experience with DISH. Never expected to be flat-out lied to.

#11 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

If you happened to be an IT Admin, shouldn't you be seeking other ISP besides Dish?  

Dish would be my last choice to have an ISP for.

Couldn't you get Cable or DSL instead of satellite?  

#12 ONLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,504 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

^^  If you're out in the sticks, you don't always have a choice.

#13 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

^^  If you're out in the sticks, you don't always have a choice.

This is true,but everyone needs to keep doublechecking because options can change.Case in point we were never able to get DSL where we live because at the time we lived too far out from our closest city,but after 2 years we became eligible for DSL,which actually surprised me because of the distance involved.So it's like you will never know so keep checking.

#14 OFFLINE   cloudnine

cloudnine

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

If you happened to be an IT Admin, shouldn't you be seeking other ISP besides Dish?  

Dish would be my last choice to have an ISP for.

Couldn't you get Cable or DSL instead of satellite?  

Trust me. I've been trying for 15 years to get something besides satellite. I have checked and checked until Frontier knows me by my first name. There is nothing besides satellite available to me. As SayWhat? said, since I live in the sticks I don't have many options. I don't even get a decent cell signal where I live.

#15 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

1. Order ISDN. Required by federal law that they deliver it. 

2. Wait 30 days.

3. Check for DSL availability. 

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall