Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv $33 rebate and upgrading/downgrading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   stockdogg

stockdogg

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hey everybody...I've had DTV for a month now, and I called today about making sure I am in line to get my 25,000 AA miles.  After some fumbling around, the guy said he saw it (I have email confirmation from a rep. but I am trying to keep close tabs on this).  He then offered me a free premier and HD-pak upgrade for the remainder of my "3 months free movies" package.  I have the ULTIMATE package now.  So I asked him if, after the trial period is over and I decide to downgrade back to Ultimate, would I lose my $33 bill credit for the first 12 months.  He said no...so I went ahead and pulled the trigger, but I would like to know your guys' experiences with this.  So any help would be appreciated!!

Also, anybody trying to get/or got the 25k miles for signing up through American Airlines?  Do they usually take the full 8 weeks after 30 day activation period?

THANKS!!

• EdL likes this

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

New DIRECTV® service must be active thirty days before miles are awarded. Following the thirty day activation period, please allow six to eight weeks for miles to post to your account. For questions regarding your mileage credit, please call 1-800-531-5000. Be prepared to provide your AAdvantage number and order information.

#3 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Your discounts for Ultimate will stay as long as you are on Ultimate or above.  You will not lose them if you switch back to Ultimate after the first three months.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#4 OFFLINE   stockdogg

stockdogg

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

THanks!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...