Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Best way to stream live and recorded to TV without receiver

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Don't know if it helps at this point but, you could always look into grabbing an owned D10, D11 or H21.  If you have an HR20 and are looking to upgrade it, you could put it on the deck.  The HR20 is no longer recoverable by D* so you could turn it off whenever you want and you won't be required to send it back.

Streaming to a new nsz-gs7, not my Nexus, and it's great so far. 

Interesting about the HR20, I have two that I'd like to eventually get around to upgrading, but didn't want to lose what I had on them. Not having to send back makes that a bit easier.

:pinkie:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   mis3

mis3

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

It would have been nice if they actually had a Nomad app for Android, but it's clearly vaporware, and given the subpar-at-bests implementation on the iPad, it's probably irrelevant anyway.

I assume you saw that the Nomad app has just come out for Android?

#28 OFFLINE   ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationCMH

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I assume you saw that the Nomad app has just come out for Android?

The one that doesn't work on rooted devices, so I had to fool it I had to temporarily unroot, and it still looked stuttery and mid quality at best? To say I'm disappointed that in a year, that was the best they could do, is putting it nicely.

I admit, I don't exactly come around here as much, but when exactly did DirecTV fall so far behind in tech? I don't want to rant or anything, but literally the only thing keeping me with them now is Sunday Ticket.
:pinkie:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...