Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tailgater Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heaviside

heaviside

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

I bought a Tailgater and Dish VP-211 receiver for my rv. Only after setting it up did I learn that it can't get international programming. (Impossible to get that info before purchase!) Is it satellite 118 on Dish Network?

Why can't I get the satellite? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Edited by heaviside, 15 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Unfortunatly not with the Tailgater. International channels are carried on the 129w satellite. It is a different type of signal that the Tailgater is incapable of receiving.

#3 ONLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Unfortunatly not with the Tailgater. International channels are carried on the 129w satellite. It is a different type of signal that the Tailgater is incapable of receiving.

Actually the international channels are carried on 118.7 and the tailgater isn't set up to receive it. If they were on 129 he'd be all set. The only way to get International channels for an RV is to buy a 1000+ or 500+ dish and point manually it each time he stops.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Actually the international channels are carried on 118.7 and the tailgater isn't set up to receive it. If they were on 129 he'd be all set. The only way to get International channels for an RV is to buy a 1000+ or 500+ dish and point manually it each time he stops.

Doh! I had a brain poot. 118.7 is the FSS birdie I was thinking of.

#5 OFFLINE   ionamartin123

ionamartin123

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

I appreciate that answer.Thanks a lot.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...