Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Every EPL game to be on NBC family starting next season

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

NBC Live Extra streaming support is also confirmed per NBC.

"NBC Sports Group said it has secured carriage for its Premier League Extra Time coverage with AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast’s Xfinity, DirecTV, Dish and Suddenlink.

Relative to streaming service, NBC Sports Live Extra, the aforementioned providers, as well as Cox and Verizon FiOS, will make all Premier League games available to their authenticated subscriber bases."

http://www.multichan...e-aug-17/144641

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

That's what I'm talking about! I'm very glad that this all seems to be going so smoothly. I have to wonder how much money Comcast/Uni. will lose when this is all said and done? Perhaps nothing and this will do very well for them but it seems as though they are putting a lot of money/resources into making EPL perfect for those of us in the United States. Again, perhaps this costing them nothing and I'm simply overreacting. They are treating this niche product with the utmost respect and I'm glad to see it. VivaLeComcastUni. ? ! ?   ;)

Edited by fireponcoal, 29 July 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#53 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Looking forward to having Sports Live Extra. I checked earlier tonight and it isn't  available yet for Directv subscribers - and I hope that Directv and Comcast made an agreement that covers more than just the EPL on Live Extra, althought F-1 isn't back until late August.

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

#54 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Looking forward to having Sports Live Extra. I checked earlier tonight and it isn't  available yet for Directv subscribers - and I hope that Directv and Comcast made an agreement that covers more than just the EPL on Live Extra, althought F-1 isn't back until late August.

The app has added a few other providers in recent days but still no DirecTV.  Does anyone know when the app will be available for DirecTV subscribers?

• Civrock likes this

#55 OFFLINE   BuffaloTF

BuffaloTF

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

The app has added a few other providers in recent days but still no DirecTV. Does anyone know when the app will be available for DirecTV subscribers?

DirecTV doesn't have Live Extra at this point in time. They've only signed up for Premier League Extra Time - the extra bucket of TV channels like the Champions League in the 480s. They've confirmed it will be added for the start of the season, channel range not determined.

http://support.DIREC...id/4110/p/17,20

http://prosoccertalk...group-released/

Edited by BuffaloTF, 05 August 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

This article here http://worldsoccerta...ree-to-air-nbc/

confirms that DirecTV is providing both TV access as well as app access.   The relevant section states:

"For access to NBC Sports Live Extra — the web, mobile and tablet app — the following TV providers have signed up to offer it to their subscribers: AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast Xfinity, COX, DirecTV,DISH NetworkRCN, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS, as well as many other TV providers."

#57 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

According to sources, Charter and DirecTV will go live with the NBC Sports Live Extra access on August 14. Cox went live yesterday.

http://worldsoccerta...-for-epl-games/

#58 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

According to sources, Charter and DirecTV will go live with the NBC Sports Live Extra access on August 14. Cox went live yesterday.

http://worldsoccerta...-for-epl-games/

Saaaaweeeeeeet!!!! Can't wait for some EPL!

#59 OFFLINE   Mariah2014

Mariah2014

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 836 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

491-495 is the channel range.

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#60 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

NM

Edited by mrro82, 09 August 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#61 ONLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Every match live in HD is absolutely terrific news.

Some of you probably know this, but fans in England only get 154 of the 380 games on live television through Sky (116) and BT (38).

NONE of the Saturday 3:00 UK Time games are allowed on television there in order to protect the attendance at lower division matches.

Also, I looked at the first 13 Saturdays where match times have been established. There is not one week when more than 6 matches are scheduled in the 10:00AM Eastern slot, which means NBCSN and the 5 Premier League Extra Time overflows ( 491 - 495 ) will be able to handle everything.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/fixtures

Edited by cmasia, 10 August 2013 - 08:13 AM.

• TJNash likes this

#62 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Where will the mix channel be if they have one? I hope they have one as Id like to watch 4 games at once.

#63 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

491-495 are available to add to your favorite guide, now.

#64 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thanks, I'm ready now, just added those channels to my customized guide.

#65 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's really GREAT to see the EPL channels showing up in the guide.   

There's still no access to the app, but there are reports that access will be available on August 15.

#66 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

DirecTV have posted a schedule of EPL games on their website.  http://sports.direct...shPremierLeague

Also, the NBCSN app is now working for DirecTV customers!    This is splendid news!

• dub2501, TJNash and mrro82 like this

#67 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Someone must be asleep at the keyboard, it shows the Monday matches starting at 3 am Eastern.   Also, why are all of the matches shown in the 'SD' column and almost none in the 'HD' column?  Surely the matches are going to be HD.

#68 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

DirecTV have posted a schedule of EPL games on their website.  http://sports.direct...shPremierLeague

Also, the NBCSN app is now working for DirecTV customers!    This is splendid news!

Except for no mix channel yet.

#69 ONLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Someone must be asleep at the keyboard, it shows the Monday matches starting at 3 am Eastern.   Also, why are all of the matches shown in the 'SD' column and almost none in the 'HD' column?  Surely the matches are going to be HD.

Hi TomK.

You're right about the errors on the web page.

They also don't list next Wednesday's match between Chelsea and Villa.

Since this week's matches appear correctly in the on screen guide, I doubt I'll look at their web page again.

The good news is we never have to worry about DirecTV messing up the NBCSN and NBC games.

We only need to be concerned about DirecTV's getting the Premier League Extra Time games on 491 - 495 right.

The website does say:

We bring you the top matches from the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
Plus watch multiple games at the same time
on our exclusive Soccer Mix Channel (Ch. 461).

As of today, the channel does not exist.

#70 OFFLINE   cfkane

cfkane

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Half time of NBCSN's first match of EPL coverage, and I must say that I am impressed  with their coverage so far. The pre game show has the feel of the UK pre game shows, not like NFL pregame shows with all the graphics and fancy production, (not that I have a problem with that style, it works great for NFL coverage). Great job so far, NBC!

#71 ONLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

cfkane,

I agree completely.

In one day, NBC has been more professional than Fox ever was in 15 years.

I'm anxious to see what time the Extra Time channels get turned on.

The guide says 10:00EDT, which is the exact time the match begins.

The IMG International feeds usually begin 7 minutes before, so I wonder what we'll see.

Between the footy and the rugby, my DVR is taking a beating!

#72 OFFLINE   cfkane

cfkane

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Fox tried to bring an American sports style to their coverage and that was the problem. I would venture to guess that there is a very large European ex-pat viewership of soccer in America and Fox never got that. They figured that Americans would want an American football style and did not take into account the European viewership. NBC seems to understand that the best way to show EPL football is to use a "native" UK style. Soccer has never been presented in the USA as well as NBC are doing now.

#73 OFFLINE   cjrleimer

cjrleimer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

The one thing that is a bummer is Directv doesnt have the mix channel up so people can watch 5 games at once right now.

#74 OFFLINE   cfkane

cfkane

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

The one thing that is a bummer is Directv doesnt have the mix channel up so people can watch 5 games at once right now.

Yeah, they need to fix that ASAP!

#75 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

cfkane,
I agree completely.
In one day, NBC has been more professional than Fox ever was in 15 years.

I'm anxious to see what time the Extra Time channels get turned on.
The guide says 10:00EDT, which is the exact time the match begins.
The IMG International feeds usually begin 7 minutes before, so I wonder what we'll see.

Between the footy and the rugby, my DVR is taking a beating!

HA!! tell me about it.. Too much stuff to watch already.. Still have to somehow watch rugby championship, the currie cup fixtures today before UFC later...

Ben
Voodoo

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app
All I Want:

Universal Sports HD.
Pac 12/SEC Networks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...