Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Improvements to the Protection Plan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
419 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

When the company is getting record profits and prices keep increasing for people that still have older equipment I call that getting screwed.

First of all I find nothing wrong with DirecTV making record profits. As I have stated profits are the name of the game in the business world. I'd be concerned if they were in the red. As for the people who have older equipment, as long as that equipment is fully functional then they are getting what they are paying for. Everyone has a want for the newest equipment but that doesn't mean they're entitled.  

DirecTV customer since 1995.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#402 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,804 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

It does.  My spouse and I make enough money that it's a mear drop in the bucket but we have money because I don't waste it by letting people or companies screw me over.

Interesting...it's a drop in the bucket, yet you said here that you've been delinquent with payments...

I have gotten emails sometimes that it's past due but I have always paid it immediately. The only thing I have gotten from them is a free upgrade to the hr 20 in 2008.

You've been trying for freebies, and threatening to cancel since March. What's the hold up?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#403 OFFLINE   omartinjordan

omartinjordan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

If you would continue reading my post you would see where I called and received discounts to compete with dish.  If received a couple emails that said your bill is due and I have always logged on and paid it.  Usually when I have been traveling on business and haven't been home to do it.  They offered me the the genie completely for free but to me it's not worth signing up for another 2 years when they keep raising and adding fees here and there.  You guys can continue to confess your love for directv and that's fine but the constant increases are getting old.  They just try to spin it that you are gaining something out of it when you are not.  Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

#404 OFFLINE   omartinjordan

omartinjordan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

First of all I find nothing wrong with DirecTV making record profits. As I have stated profits are the name of the game in the business world. I'd be concerned if they were in the red. As for the people who have older equipment, as long as that equipment is fully functional then they are getting what they are paying for. Everyone has a want for the newest equipment but that doesn't mean they're entitled.  

So, if I am not receiving new equipment or more channels then what exactly am I paying for when they raise my rates for my package?  I can understand an increase every couple years but this just keeps on going.

#405 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,522 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

If you would continue reading my post you would see where I called and received discounts to compete with dish.  If received a couple emails that said your bill is due and I have always logged on and paid it.  Usually when I have been traveling on business and haven't been home to do it.  They offered me the the genie completely for free but to me it's not worth signing up for another 2 years when they keep raising and adding fees here and there.  You guys can continue to confess your love for directv and that's fine but the constant increases are getting old.  They just try to spin it that you are gaining something out of it when you are not.  Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

When you sign a contract with a service provider like DirecTV it clearly states under the terms of agreement what you'll be receiving for the length of that agreement. So unless that agreement includes freebies and upgrades all bets are off.  

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#406 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,804 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

You know all those channels you watch? They wouldn't be there without customers paying, and channel owners are wanting more money. And you said the bills were past due, not due.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#407 OFFLINE   omartinjordan

omartinjordan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

When you sign a contract with a service provider like DirecTV it clearly states under the terms of agreement what you'll be receiving for the length of that agreement. So unless that agreement includes freebies and upgrades all bets are off.  

Correct.  All bets are off that I won't switch when my discounts run out also.  I might consider another 2 years if they could offer a price lock for that time but that will never happen.

#408 OFFLINE   omartinjordan

omartinjordan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

You know all those channels you watch? They wouldn't be there without customers paying, and channel owners are wanting more money. And you said the bills were past due, not due.

I really don't know.  I just got sever emails that said your bill is due.  Could have said past due.  If so, it couldn't have been more than a day because I paid immediately.  Must be ok or they wouldn't have offered the genie for free with no shipping charge.  I refuse to get swindled into their auto bill pay.  I have read the horror stories on that also.

#409 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,804 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

I really don't know.  I just got sever emails that said your bill is due.  Could have said past due.  If so, it couldn't have been more than a day because I paid immediately.  Must be ok or they wouldn't have offered the genie for free with no shipping charge.  I refuse to get swindled into their auto bill pay.  I have read the horror stories on that also.

There's horror stories of everything on the internet, it's hard living in a bubble if horror stories on the internet deter you. Who's going to get online & post how auto pay hasn't been an issue?

#410 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,166 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Autopay hasn't been an issue!
  • sigma1914 likes this

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#411 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I would say if they have a good payment history and have a decent programming package and are out of contract, they should be able to get a good deal without the PP. If they pay late alot and or have the cheapest package and 1 receiver, then year probably not.

Exactly. :)

Just because you are out of a commitment doesn't mean you are elligible for a free upgrade as damondlt

is stating because of the reasons you gave. And other account history reasonings.

Edited by Volatility, 21 May 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#412 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

The only thing that was proven here was the Protection plan had nothing to do with your upgrade to a Genie. Your lack of commitment did.

Same assumption with no proof.  Please provide facts as to how the agreement has anything to do with free offers.  You have been on this forum long enough to read someone gets a great deal so others call in and do not.  Some people get free offers under agreement and other do not when they are out of agreement.  You believe something but have nothing to go on to prove it is fact. 

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#413 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Same assumption with no proof.  .  You believe something but have nothing to go on to prove it is fact. 

Why should I be different then anyone else here.

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / HD Xtra / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#414 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why should I be different then anyone else here.

Sheep will be sheep.  I can understand the frustration and it's always good to vent.  With the understanding that you agreed to their terms and conditions when signing the agreement, the venting should only go so far. 

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#415 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Autopay hasn't been an issue!

!rolling

#416 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

For some people the new Enhanced Protection Plan isn't much use, at least for right now.  When they have a new receiver come out and you call to get one and get quoted $348 installed, you may wish you had it.  I see this thread resurfacing in that time, or at least some of the posts. 

#417 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am pretty sure the base package increase is helping pay for Directv to carry HBO even though I don't subscribe to that channel. 

Seriously?!  How did you come up with that? 

So last year Viacom wanted to increase their content charges be 33%.  D* didn't settle on that but they also didn't hike their costs to match.  And this was Viacom alone, not even talking about cost increases from sports. 

#418 OFFLINE   242424

AllStar

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I can't think of a single thing they could offer me for another contract short of cutting my bill in half... 

#419 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

I can't think of a single thing they could offer me for another contract short of cutting my bill in half... 

Sounds like you're very content with your equipment.  I'm in the same boat in that aspect.

#420 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Okay, the bickering is over.  This thread has played out for now.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall