Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Improvements to the Protection Plan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
419 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

Your information makes more sense.  Since she didn't even know about the PP changes until I asked about them, I was taking everything she said with a grain of salt.  I agree, I will return the upgrade I just received and wait for May 16.  Thanks.

After sending back the receiver, make sure the actual order is cancelled so you get your refund and you don't get hindered from your future upgrade.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   bungi43

bungi43

Mentor

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I posted in another thread, but they hooked me up.  I did remove the protection plan, but I may call and add it back.  Not sure yet.

#103 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

not using their directv given resources (like their higher level peers or the scripts) and making up stuff.

That happens more often then not

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#104 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Someone was mentioning why pay for the protection plan premier when in a year it will cost almost 240. Well at $19.99 per month it is more affordable than any warranty product in the market, because
this plan covers your entire D* system and all of the devices in your home you can use to view D*.

Edited by Volatility, 24 April 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#105 OFFLINE   Steveknj

Steveknj

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Anyone think May 16th is going to be an interesting day in DirecTV land?  I hope they have an awful lot of Genies (and techs to install them) available!!

#106 OFFLINE   Singe0255

Singe0255

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Anyone think May 16th is going to be an interesting day in DirecTV land?  I hope they have an awful lot of Genies (and techs to install them) available!!

Hmm,.. I wonder if I can request that day off. Or perhaps the whole week??

Nah, I'd rather be here taking orders and making sure they're done right. I look forward to hearing from some of you!

All opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of DIRECTV, National Electronics Warranty, or any other entity that I share affiliation with.

#107 OFFLINE   Steveknj

Steveknj

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Nah, I'd rather be here taking orders and making sure they're done right. I look forward to hearing from some of you!

If I speak to  you, make sure I get an HR44 as my Genie upgrade :)

#108 OFFLINE   Singe0255

Singe0255

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

If I speak to  you, make sure I get an HR44 as my Genie upgrade :)

The secret handshake password is "DBSTalk". :P

Truth be told, we cannot guarantee which model of Genie gets ordered. Orders are based on function, not model. And not all areas have HR44s in stock yet.

All opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of DIRECTV, National Electronics Warranty, or any other entity that I share affiliation with.

#109 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think it'll be that bad.  Especially since placing the orders for the PP upgrade is quick and easy.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#110 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

the queue shall go down in history :( lol

#111 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

re: the upgrade, D* just hooked me up w/ my 4th HDDVR  for FREE, Plus 4 premiums incl. prior to the 5/16 date, something about my account being GREAT or was it me!  :D  Whole home works sweet w/ the 4 units :joy:

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

#112 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Edit

SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#113 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

re: the upgrade, D* just hooked me up w/ my 4th HDDVR  for FREE, Plus 4 premiums incl. prior to the 5/16 date, something about my account being GREAT or was it me!  :D  Whole home works sweet w/ the 4 units :joy:

They have offers for existing customers all the time.  Glad to hear you could take advantage of that.  The PP upgrade is really meant to guarantee a free upgrade and to make you aware of when you're eligible for it.

#114 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Is the PP justified, is any insurance plan justified. Only the individual policy holder can answer that.

#115 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

They have offers for existing customers all the time.  Glad to hear you could take advantage of that.  The PP upgrade is really meant to guarantee a free upgrade and to make you aware of when you're eligible for it.

Oh I'm well aware of that( the offers) this was all part of the PP deal in combo w/ account standing and customer offers.  

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

#116 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Oh I'm well aware of that( the offers) this was all part of the PP deal in combo w/ account standing and customer offers.

Do you live in Texas? The pplan deals do not start until May 16 nationwide. And when it starts account standing has nothing to do with the pplan upgrade offers

Edited by Volatility, 26 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#117 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

The offers don't have anything to do with one another.  Either your account is eligible for something or your PP upgrade is eligible.  The only way they are connected is if you use a discounted/free upgrade offer, your PP upgrade date will be reset for another 18-24 months.

#118 OFFLINE   housemr

housemr

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

so my current setup is 3 hr21-100 hd dvrs, and a hr34. (11 tuners)

could i then call them up and upgrade a hr21-100 for an hr34 (14 tuners)? if i am paying for it the pp i may as well upgrade/swap out one of my 6 year old dvr boxes.

Edited by housemr, 30 April 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#119 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Not until they allow more than one Genie per account, which they don't at this time.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#120 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

so my current setup is 3 hr21-100 hd dvrs, and a hr34. (11 tuners)

could i then call them up and upgrade a hr21-100 for an hr34 (14 tuners)? if i am paying for it the pp i may as well upgrade/swap out one of my 6 year old dvr boxes.

No, DirecTV only allows one "Genie" per account.  and according to folks in the "know" this is  not likely to change anytime soon.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall