Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22, 0x06BD - Issues and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Receivers included in this release:
HR20-700 • HR20-100
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...2x-0x6bd0x46bd/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Whiskey River

Whiskey River

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

The screen saver has got to go, or at least an option to disable it, Its getting really old

having to click a button to clear the screen saver, was any of this addressed in this release ?

If the developers/programmers are reading this, We need an option, it could go inside

the power save menu.

#3 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,710 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I don't see them disabling the screen saver or allowing it to be turned off. If it's coming up when it shouldn't, like while something is playing and not paused, that would be different.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

The screen saver has got to go, or at least an option to disable it, Its getting really old

having to click a button to clear the screen saver, was any of this addressed in this release ?

If the developers/programmers are reading this, We need an option, it could go inside

the power save menu.

How do you expect to clear the screen saver if you don't want it done via button push?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Is a screen saver really needed any longer?

Just eliminate it.

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Is a screen saver really needed any longer?

Just eliminate it.

Only if you don't mind burn in.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Burn in is not a problem any more on newer Plasma TVs or on LCD or LED TVs.

• Rtm likes this

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#8 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

HR24-500/AM21

There are numerous missing AM21 OTA channels from the guide. Repeating initial antenna setup does not restore channels.

• makaiguy likes this

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#9 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Burn in is not a problem any more on newer Plasma TVs or on LCD or LED TVs.

Not everyone has a newer TV now this isn't a problem I've experienced not do I have any Plasmas all LCD and LED LCDs.

However I do like the screen to go black and still show me that it is on when I've paused live or recorded television. Vs showing a paused still of what I was watching.
  • RunnerFL likes this

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Burn in is not a problem any more on newer Plasma TVs or on LCD or LED TVs.

Maybe, but not everyone has one of those.

And I'm sure our plasmas at work with burnt in graphics from our monitoring software would more than prove to you that burn it does exist on plasmas.

• Rtm likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Maybe, but not everyone has one of those.

And I'm sure our plasmas at work with burnt in graphics from our monitoring software would more than prove to you that burn it does exist on plasmas.

I agree that plasma tvs had a real problem with burn in, but it has gotten better every year and the plasma monitors or tvs made in the last couple of years no longer have a burn in problem.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#12 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I love the screen saver.  A paused image or stationary graphic on my Samsung plasma will cause image retention.  I see the channel banner text very faintly after a Sonic Tap screen saver kicks in for example.  My iPad2 is the same way actually.  After in safari all the time, when I exit out I can see the ovals for the address and search bar faintly on my dark background.  I can even read some text.

Screen burn may be an issue for many display devices, especially the millions out in the field already.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#13 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,757 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

The release notes say there are no new features.  However tune to a channel you do not subscribe to.  The screen was redesigned with logos and text explaining how you can call, click or text to order the channel. Its a pretty nice designed screen.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#14 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I agree that plasma tvs had a real problem with burn in, but it has gotten better every year and the plasma monitors or tvs made in the last couple of years no longer have a burn in problem.

It would be more correct to say that the newer plasmas require a 2-3 day constant image to burn in.  But burn in they will.

Image persistence is more of an issue with newer plasma, but it is only a minor annoyance, not a permanent marring of the screen.

#15 OFFLINE   Whiskey River

Whiskey River

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Why would you have burn in on LIVE TV, I understand if you hit the PAUSE button, but why in the hell if your watching LIVE TV

does that directv/customerexperience logo pop on? I dont care if its been 4 hours since I hit a button, I am watching LIVE TV.

the picture is changing constantly.  Good example is when I turn the TV on the screen saver logo is there, and you must press

a button to get LIVE TV back. This is just stupid. (DLP Televisions and Projectors do not have the burn in problems anyways)

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,791 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

Why would you have burn in on LIVE TV, I understand if you hit the PAUSE button, but why in the hell if your watching LIVE TV

does that directv/customerexperience logo pop on? I dont care if its been 4 hours since I hit a button, I am watching LIVE TV.

the picture is changing constantly.  Good example is when I turn the TV on the screen saver logo is there, and you must press

a button to get LIVE TV back. This is just stupid. (DLP Televisions and Projectors do not have the burn in problems anyways)

As others have said, the screensaver should not pop up on live tv.  The screen saver is for when you use pause.

If you are seeing the screen saver when you turn on your TV then you most likely have power saving turned on.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

As others have said, the screensaver should not pop up on live tv.  The screen saver is for when you use pause.

If you are seeing the screen saver when you turn on your TV then you most likely have power saving turned on.

Or been watching live tv for hours then the screen saver pops up, but everybody has different varied times that screen saver shows up, BTW I have power saving on and I don't see the screen saver unless I pause the DVR

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#18 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

The screen saver is never supposed to turn on when live TV (or recorded TV) is being watched.  If that is happening there is a problem with your receiver, or more likely the software release has a bug in it that should be reported so it gets fixed.

The screen saver is only supposed to come on when you have a video channel paused for a certain length of time (I think it's like 3 minutes), or if you are on one of the screens with static images like the sonic tap channels, or the part time channels that have a DirecTV logo up when there isn't anything being aired.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#19 OFFLINE   Rangers94

Rangers94

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Received the 0x6bd this morning on my HR20-700, once again like a few weeks ago  it wiped out everything i had set to record this week. If i recall it took betweek 24-48 hours for the Seriers Manger to start adding all the shows back last time. 

#20 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,859 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Received the 0x6bd this morning on my HR20-700, once again like a few weeks ago  it wiped out everything i had set to record this week. If i recall it took betweek 24-48 hours for the Seriers Manger to start adding all the shows back last time. 

The update flushed the Guide Data.  This is expected and should take a day or two to fully populate and your To-Do list will populate along with it.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

spam firewall