Does anyone with 0x6BD have an HR24-500 that became non-responsive with 0x66D? I am curious if the problem is fixed with 0x6BD (I sure hope so!) -- There were a few problems I had with 0x66D:
1. Sometimes when pressing Guide, the guide pops up, but data does not populate for about 20-30 seconds (the area where shows are listed has nothing in it) - this happens randomly and is not constant
2. Randomly when pressing a button on the remote or on the DVR itself, the HR24 will not respond for about 20-30 seconds. Eventually the HR24 comes back to life but it takes awhile - and it can happen in the middle of pressing a sequence of buttons - so when I turn on/off captions, it sometimes will stop in between and I am stuck staring at the Info screen for awhile
I have a tried a number of 'tricks' to speed up the HR24 (re-installing 0x66D, clearing Guide cache, clearing NVRAM, checking the hard drive with the built in self-test). None of them worked.
Neither of these problems existed before 0x66D so I am hoping they will resolve themselves with 0x6BD. I recently got 0x66D (2 weeks ago) so I'm not sure when 0x6BD will finally reach me - but if it fixes the problem I am hopeful I get it soon!
PS- Does anyone know if 0x6BD is available in the stream (as shown here: http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=HR ) if I can force a download to get 0x6BD?
according to my system menu I have 6BD since the 18th - on a DVR I had to replace because of these absurd lock ups with 66C that I THOUGHT were gone after 66d was pushed, but they weren't and I replaced the DVR because of an absurd number of partials that caused me to miss several baseball games. All these issues are mostly back but still only on ONE of my DVR's -
Here's some other very interesting data - whatever was wrong with 66c was bad on the DVR but with 66D whatever was bad actually impacted my entire network, download speeds actually decreased by nearly HALF when that DVR (a brand new HR200 to replace what I thought was a broken HR500 that was all screwed up with the slow menu's and lots of partials) once 66d pushed. - I download a lot of large files and a have logs that show from the day the update was released my average download dropped to ~ 5 MB/s from my normal 9+ - so, three hours of equipment testing a new router later and no fix... once 66BD came down my download are back to close 9 MB/s but the crazy delays with the menu are still there. It's better, sometimes... but still dealing with anywhere from 20 second to a full 2 or 3 minute delay for somethings. Also still getting partials, but now at least it's just starting recordings late instead of just bailing out on the recoding after it started which is what 66c was doing for me. I have a dozens of shows and baseball games where the first minute or two are missing because of whatever is causing these issues. Bottom line, there is something that has been hosed since 66C that is still causing issues, but --- at least since I got 66BD it's the rest of my network is running at full speed. I'm at a loss - checked all cabling, replaced everything RBR'ed a dozen times... it's just weird wacky stuff.
It seems absurd to be upset about something like this, but after weeks of sometimes waiting minutes for the menu to respond it gets pretty hard to not want to hit the thing with a hammer.