Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

UPN/WWOR not in Rochester, NY

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   danman1202

danman1202

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Anyone know why this is or how to get it?  Direct TV doesn't seem to provide it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

UPN has been defunct for years.  Perhaps you mean MYNEtwork.

I don'tt hink that rochester is part of the DMA for that channel. D* does not offer the superstations so you may be out of luck.

I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#3 OFFLINE   Yes616

Yes616

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

WWOR 9 or MyNet or My9 is a NYC area channel.  The only thing I can say is current laws only allow Dish Network (through an old grandfathered rule) to supply "Superstations" depending on your exact location.  DirecTV does not do any superstations.

BTW.. Superstations are KTLA 5 Los Angeles, KWGN 2 Denver, WPIX 11 New York, WWOR 9 Secaucus, NJ and WSBK 38 Boston.  That's all folks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...