Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Suggestions for DISH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Grippy

Grippy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 35 posts
  • Locationda UP

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

If I decide to record a show while watching it after it has been on a while DISH will only record the show from the point I press record. Are there plans to improve this so recording will begin from a time prior to pressing record as with DTV. I have the 722K. 

Any plans to improve the search feature? I cannot search for an actor or look at any movie history they have as with DTV.

When will the 24 hour skip ahead be dropped to 12 hour? 24 is to long.

My thoughts

What goes here?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

if you started watching the show from the beginning or before, you can select "record entire event".  If you you didnt catch the beginning, you can rewind to your starting point, hit record, then fast forward to where you were, it will record all of what you have been watching.  I have done both many times.

• Grippy likes this

#3 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

to skip ahead 12 hours, go to the guide, press 12, then the right arrow, it will go ahead 12 hours. You can put in 9, or any number and it will go forward that many hours.

• Grippy likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

You can also use the other (skip and FF, but they work opposite of each other on some Dish DVRs) button (skip of FF, I forget which way it works on the 722K) to skip 3 hours.

Also... I thought you could search for actors.  I don't have a 722K... but I thought you could search by title or for actors.

• Grippy and MIHotBear like this

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   Grippy

Grippy

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts
  • Locationda UP

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

if you started watching the show from the beginning or before, you can select "record entire event".  If you you didnt catch the beginning, you can rewind to your starting point, hit record, then fast forward to where you were, it will record all of what you have been watching.  I have done both many times.

Excellent. I see that under the options screen. I should just happen that way...record entire event but it is what it is. Thanks !!

What goes here?

#6 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I have a 722 and am able to search for anything, but the choices are "title," "exact title," or "info."  If the actor's name is on the info screen for the program, search will find it. :D

• Grippy likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Grippy

Grippy

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts
  • Locationda UP

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

You can also use the other (skip and FF, but they work opposite of each other on some Dish DVRs) button (skip of FF, I forget which way it works on the 722K) to skip 3 hours.

Also... I thought you could search for actors.  I don't have a 722K... but I thought you could search by title or for actors.

Yes I can...it is a matter of changing options. It's not real fact filled but it is better than not having it at all. Thanks !

What goes here?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...