Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Should I upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I currently have a HR21-700, HR22-100, HR24-200 and an HR22-100.  I'm running Whole-home upgraded from Ethernet only a few months back.  They put a new dish on my roof and I believe ran the SWM-8 setup.  I'm eligible for an equipment upgrade under the protection plan and although I'm comfortable with the amount of programs I can record at once (should be obvious), I didn't know if this was an opportunity to get something better.  I was also considering removing the protection plan from my account, but didn't want to lose the upgrade option before doing so.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Also wasn't sure if upgrading the Genie would require professional installation.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,889 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

If you got the Genie, you would need a different SWM system if you go over 8 tuners total. So they would put a regular LNB back on and give you a SWM16. I'd have them do this.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,353 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

If you don't want to loose the upgrade option and don't mind a 2 year commitment, then getting the Genie is a no brainer.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall