Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV app for iPad for commercial customers too

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,132 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

From the Solid Signal Blog:

Commercial DIRECTV customers have a lot to cheer about this morning with the latest release of the DIRECTV app for iPad. In addition to minor bug fixes, this morning's release of version 1.12.2 also has a new "Commercial Mode" that gives commercial customers new features including the ability to see all the receivers at once.

See the whole review here: http://forums.solids..._source=k244266

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yep, saw that last night, nice features for commercial folks.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#3 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I like the look of having all your receivers show what they're doing on one screen as shown in the write up. Can/will this work for a residential customer?

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yes it will. Follow the instructions to put the app into Commercial Mode. However as a commercial customer you lose playlist access, pay per view, remote scheduling, live streaming... none of those are available to commercial customers. However, it's easy to switch back and forth from what it looks like. 

those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thanks! I'll try it out.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#6 OFFLINE   flynn451

flynn451

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Unless you have a directv.com login, there is currently no way to even get in to the application, let alone being able to switch it to Commercial Mode. Currently, DirecTV commercial customers can not create a directv.com login; hopefully, this is about to change.

We have had a DirecTV Private Office account for over 10 years now. Frankly, it's getting a little old constantly taking a back seat to DirecTV's residential customers. Maybe "back seat" isn't quite accurate, it really feels more like the trunk. There are a number of areas where our options lag significantly behind those of residential users. Stuart already mentioned several, but there are others including: some channels are unavailable for purchase, no MRV (Genie) availability (though it worked fine throughout the building during the brief CE beta), extremely limited On Demand programming availability, no online account management (inexcusable in 2013), no HBO Go with our Entertainment Unlimited package (or any similar programming options requiring DirecTV account authentication), etc. Of course, I recognize that some of these restrictions are mandated by programming providers, but not all.

Overall, we're still happier with DirecTV than we were with Cable. I'm encouraged by the release notes on this version of DirecTV's iPad app and I sincerely hope that it's a sign that DirecTV is moving towards trying to make commercial customer services more on par with residential customer services.

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Yes, commercial accounts will be enabled very soon.

those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   flynn451

flynn451

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yes, commercial accounts will be enabled very soon.

Any idea if this will happen sometime in May?  As of today, it's still residential accounts only.

#9 OFFLINE   flynn451

flynn451

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

It's a good thing that I didn't hold my breath for DirecTV to enable commercial account online registration as this still hasn't happened.  I find it interesting that two months after its "commercial customer" release, we continue to be locked out from creating an online account (a requirement to use the iPad app).  If anyone has found a way around this, please let me know.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...