Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Seriously need to vent...re: installation cluster*

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why do people get involved with HOAs? The first question I ask a real estate agent is if the house I'm interested in has an HOA. We have two HOA homes in our family and they seem to be more trouble than they're worth. Or am I missing something?

Rich

Living in a neighborhood where 1 or 2 neighbors cut the grass at the last possible second or have their yard looking cluttered or have their large breed dog running around the block with no care in the world with no owner in site I can see why. :-|

Edited by Volatility, 23 April 2013 - 06:43 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

by the DTV lovestruck masses that frequent here.

and what is to be expected on a forum where folks who loved DirecTV frequent?  Perhaps if the OP had posted on the dish forums, he would of got the "love" he was seeking,

• sigma1914 likes this
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#63 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nobody is denying this fact.  They did a mistake, it was corrected my the CSR who followed with the e-mail.  I think we should let this one rest….

How do you think that email corrected the mistake?  The TS has to wait 2 weeks for the HOA and 1-2 weeks after the approval for an install. That email certainly didn't 'correct' that. 

And did you notice the email listed a link to directv.com/Hawaii which takes you to this page (http://www.directv.c...equestid=910693) which doesn't even list any information about Hawaii?

It was nice that the email contained an apology, but they should have set him up with the local installer so that when he calls, he'll get the first possible install.

#64 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

The thing in Hawaii is though, if TS or any other's HOA for that matter, does not allow the 1.2  meter ODU, that means they don't allow DIRECTV service altogether since there are no smaller dish alternatives. 

They allow it, many other homes in the development(s) have them.  You just have to kiss the ring of the HOA first to make them feel good.  I was told by The selling agent that they are actually looking at doing blanket pre-approvals for them, but haven't done it yet.

#65 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Most of us spend time researching electronic devices costing hundreds before we but them. I hope everyone spends even more time doing diligence when buying a house costing thousands.

The rest of us learned reading comprehension pretty early in our elementary school days...obviously this wasn't you.

#66 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

It still doesn't change the fact that DirecTV is at fault 100% here since THEY are the ones that created and own the phone numbers and websites and have poorly trained CSRs on the other end of that so called "Special Hawaii phone number"! Joe Sixpack wouldn't and understandably shouldn't have to do ANY MORE RESEARCH than to call that so called "Special Hawaii phone number"! Otherwise what's the point of even having it? Some of you guys have seemed to lose touch with reality. It's analogous to blaming the victim for putting themselves in the position to have the crime put upon them for God's sake!

I don't know about you, but after serving my country for years outside the good ole US of A and then experiencing that incompetence and blatant mistake, I'd be pretty pissed off too!

Fanboys are idiots, I just accept that as an axiom.  I've dealth with them for years or TV/Movie/Game forums.  I am kinda surprised to find them on Satellite TV site...though I guess I shouldn't be really.

#67 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nobody is denying this fact.  They did a mistake, it was corrected my the CSR who followed with the e-mail.  I think we should let this one rest….

Really?  A patronizing email is "correcting the mistake"?

Wait...why am I arguing with a DTV White Knight determined to defend their honor.

#68 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yep :rolleyes:
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#69 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Really?  A patronizing email is "correcting the mistake"?

Wait...why am I arguing with a DTV White Knight determined to defend their honor.

Did you or did you not get the correct info on the e-mail?    The problem "seems"  not to be "fixed" because that e-mail did not have any "free stuff"  and IIRC correctly, no "freebies" can't be given out to potential customers.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#70 OFFLINE   242424

AllStar

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Pretty hard to argue with that, but they will here... lol 

Spot on. lmao

#71 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Did you or did you not get the correct info on the e-mail?    The problem "seems"  not to be "fixed" because that e-mail did not have any "free stuff"  and IIRC correctly, no "freebies" can't be given out to potential customers.

try that directv.com/hawaii URL out from the response and you tell me.

#72 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

You're hopeless.

#73 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Fanboys are idiots, I just accept that as an axiom.  I've dealth (dealt) with them for years or TV/Movie/Game forums.  I am kinda surprised to find them on Satellite (a satellite) TV site...though I guess I shouldn't be really.

The rest of us learned reading comprehension pretty early in our elementary school days...obviously this wasn't you.

Did they skip over grammar & proofreading while focusing on reading comprehension?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#74 OFFLINE   smitbret

smitbret

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

I see this as an "innocent" misunderstanding.  What I would do on my part is to pass to DirecTV this info so that they can properly train their CSRs (even tho it might not go nowhere) in the hopes that it wont happen to the next customer.  I would not expect any "compensation" since they were no "wrong doing" or "misleading" 

I am a Tech Support Trainer and this certainly isn't an "innocent misunderstanding" and I don't want any of my customers thinking that.  It is common knowledge that AK/HI require larger dishes.  If the CSRs that he spoke to didn't pass on this information then they are poorly trained or just inattentive.  They are trained to know this and the information is readily available. 

• sigma1914 likes this

#75 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,951 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

Did they skip over grammar & proofreading while focusing on reading comprehension?

... for years or (on) TV/Movie/Game forums.

And to add that "or" should have been "on" in the TS' earlier statement as well.  :P

• sigma1914 likes this

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#76 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,417 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

and what is to be expected on a forum where folks who loved DirecTV frequent?  Perhaps if the OP had posted on the dish forums, he would of got the "love" he was seeking,

Just FYI, the term "OP" or Original Poster was changed to "TS" or Thread Starter awhile ago so that there would be less confusion.  Having two identical acronyms in the same post at times was very confusing.  We still use "OP" as the Original Post.

Rich

#77 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just FYI, the term "OP" or Original Poster was changed to "TS" or Thread Starter awhile ago so that there would be less confusion.  Having two identical acronyms in the same post at times was very confusing.  We still use "OP" as the Original Post.

Rich

And to add a little additional confusion is that the new forum software has since changed TS to "Topic Starter" instead of "Thread Starter." ;)   

#78 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,417 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

And to add a little additional confusion is that the new forum software has since changed TS to "Topic Starter" instead of "Thread Starter." ;)   

Didn't the new format begin with Thread Starter?  I see Topic Starter now, but didn't it carry over the Thread Starter from the old format at first?  

Rich

#79 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Didn't the new format begin with Thread Starter?  I see Topic Starter now, but didn't it carry over the Thread Starter from the old format at first?  

Rich

No, as far as I can recall the old vBulletin software at some point changed from "Original Poster" to "Thread Starter" for the remainder of its use. Now since the new forum software's debut its changed again from "Thread Starter" to "Topic Starter."   

#80 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am a Tech Support Trainer and this certainly isn't an "innocent misunderstanding" and I don't want any of my customers thinking that. It is common knowledge that AK/HI require larger dishes. If the CSRs that he spoke to didn't pass on this information then they are poorly trained or just inattentive. They are trained to know this and the information is readily available.

Well there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, someone who actually knows what the term "customer service" means in this day and age!

I'd hate to be a patron at some of the businesses where a few people here work. Time to bury the badly beaten dead horse.

Edited by harperhometheater, 24 April 2013 - 11:47 AM.

HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

spam firewall