Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Seriously need to vent...re: installation cluster*

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I didn't demand compensation, some people are just making it sound like I did to paint me as the villain.  Also, it goes beyond a simple "mistake" when 3 CSRs and the Website are wrong.  That shows systemic problems, not just one guy making an error. 

Yes you did.  you want it to "complain" even after you found out the dish was bigger.  

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Yep, because I expect my coffee to my iced cold! !rolling

Dude, seriously, who are you?!?!?!  You got issues man.

HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#103 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Dude, seriously, who are you?!?!?!  You got issues man.

Ohh, I am the one with the issues, one that is doing good to society without expecting compensation. One without a  feeling for "entitlements" .  I guess you can call me the "Good Guy

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#104 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

My signatures says it all.....Think Differently 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#105 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

So laughing at someone who was seriously burned with extremely hot coffee makes you "The good guy"?
HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#106 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

You're not bigoted or anything. 

I play those same games and I agree people demanding free stuff for downtime is silly.  That is until the downtime becomes excessive.  Also, don't try to snow us, those games aren't free, they just don't have a sybscription model.  Pretty much anyone that plays them has spent as much, if not more money in the games cash shop than they would have if it were subscription base.

But then again...what would I know, I'm just an entitled American.

Not sure how anything I've said warrants the word "bigoted" but alright.  And those games are completely free unless the user wants to spend money on the game.  When they do, they are not paying for the right play, only to enhance what they can do while playing.  Even if the game came to a complete end, there is not reason for compensation.  "Compensation" is so loosely used these days and I guess at this point it comes down to what the individual considers it to be.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#107 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

So laughing at someone who was seriously burned with extremely hot coffee makes you "The good guy"?

I was not laughing at the person who got burned, but rather that it foolish to expect the coffee to be warm.  I dont need the warning "content inside is extremely hot" to know that a coffee is supposed to be hot

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#108 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

I was not laughing at the person who got burned, but rather that it foolish to expect the coffee to be warm.  I dont need the warning "content inside is extremely hot" to know that a coffee is supposed to be hot

On the surface this "hot coffee" makes for a good story, but when you're served something that causes 2nd degree burns, which require skin graphs, it takes on another story.

This was served at the drive through and the lid wasn't enough to contain 180+º coffee from burning an elderly lady's lap significantly. 

Also this lady's son was only asking for help to cover the medical costs of about $800.

The final award to her decided by the jury was mostly punitive damages for how McD handled their end.

A.K.A VOS

#109 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Deja vu.  We've beat this topic up in another thread.  Let's get back on track please.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#110 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

IIRC, the spilled cause 3rd degree burns.  However, coffee experts would advice that coffee must be served around 200 degrees (F).  But funny how a similar lawsuit in the UK have failed. This goes to show our culture 

• joe58 likes this
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#111 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

IIRC, the spilled cause 3rd degree burns.  However, coffee experts would advice that coffee must be served around 200 degrees (F).  But funny how a similar lawsuit in the UK have failed. This goes to show our culture 

You seem to be missing willfully ignoring the facts in the matter because it doesn't fit the narration running in your head...wait...just like my DTV dealings.

At this point you're just putting on a show for the rest of us.  Have you noticed pretty much everyone else who started off defending DTV bowed out when all the facts were put on the table...but not you.

#112 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,026 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

You should watch the documentary Hot Coffee and see the pictures online. McDonald's admitted that it has known about the risk of serious burns from its scalding hot coffee for more than 10 years -- the risk was brought to its attention through numerous other claims and suits, to no avail. From 1982 to 1992, McDonald's coffee burned more than 700 people, many receiving severe burns. McDonald's Operations Manual required the franchisee to hold its coffee at 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit; Coffee at that temperature, if spilled, causes third-degree burns (the worst kind of burn) in three to seven seconds. Third-degree burns do not heal without skin grafting, debridement and whirlpool treatments that cost tens of thousands of dollars and result in permanent disfigurement, extreme pain and disability of the victim for many months, and in some cases, years.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#113 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

You should watch the documentary Hot Coffee and see the pictures online. McDonald's admitted that it has known about the risk of serious burns from its scalding hot coffee for more than 10 years -- the risk was brought to its attention through numerous other claims and suits, to no avail. From 1982 to 1992, McDonald's coffee burned more than 700 people, many receiving severe burns. McDonald's Operations Manual required the franchisee to hold its coffee at 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit; Coffee at that temperature, if spilled, causes third-degree burns (the worst kind of burn) in three to seven seconds. Third-degree burns do not heal without skin grafting, debridement and whirlpool treatments that cost tens of thousands of dollars and result in permanent disfigurement, extreme pain and disability of the victim for many months, and in some cases, years.

But we are not debating about this case.  However, this goes to show how folks out there are just waiting for the opportunity to make a "quick buck"

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#114 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,921 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Ok this thread is going pretty far afield. Please return to the topic or don't post. McDonald's has nothing to do with DIRECTV.

Back to topic everyone.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#115 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,892 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I didn't demand compensation, some people are just making it sound like I did to paint me as the villain.  Also, it goes beyond a simple "mistake" when 3 CSRs and the Website are wrong.  That shows systemic problems, not just one guy making an error. 

You do realize this has been going on for years?  CSRs are just given a script to read and installers are given very little training.  What you have to do is just keep calling about the same issue.  If that issue isn't resolved after several calls, the Case Management Group usually steps in and takes care of the problem.  It's all about politeness and persistence.  

I gotta admit it's hard to be polite sometimes.  I recently called about an HR20-700 and was asked by the PP CSR, "What's a 20-700?"  I held myself back and politely asked to speak to her supervisor.  And got my problem resolved.  

Rich 

#116 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

You do realize this has been going on for years?  CSRs are just given a script to read and installers are given very little training.  What you have to do is just keep calling about the same issue.  If that issue isn't resolved after several calls, the Case Management Group usually steps in and takes care of the problem.  It's all about politeness and persistence.  

I gotta admit it's hard to be polite sometimes.  I recently called about an HR20-700 and was asked by the PP CSR, "What's a 20-700?"  I held myself back and politely asked to speak to her supervisor.  And got my problem resolved.  

Rich 

man that's terrible..haha 

My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#117 OFFLINE   mystic7

mystic7

Icon

• Banned User
  • 632 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just don't serve them cold beer.

#118 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,892 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

man that's terrible..haha 

Shocked me!

Rich 

#119 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,507 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

McDonald's has nothing to do with DIRECTV.

Yes it does, that is where I eat lunch everyday!   !rolling

But I am glad the OP was taken care of and I which he enjoys his DirecTV service.  Bets of luck!  and let this thread run its course....

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#120 OFFLINE   Conundrum

Conundrum

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up Department".

So today I am waiting for my expedited install after my email to the SVPs office.  The tech is supposed to arrive between 08-12.  About 10am I get an automated call "Hello, would you like to schedule and appointment for youDTV install?"......WAIT....WHAT???!!!

I finally get a CSR....who routes me to Accounts....who routes me to a supervisor...

Apparently my install for today was canceled for unknown reasons...The supervisor mentioned it had something about "buyers remorse" for the initial install being canceled.  They are looking into getting someone out today..maybe....but that doesn't give me a good feeling at all.  Even if they find someone my gut tells me it will be rushed and half assed.

I don't think I've ever dealt with a more incompotent operation.  I don't know if it's DTV overall or just the local installers, but someone needs to kick their ass.

I do await the usual suspects rationalizations for how this is my fault.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...