Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 strange audio problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kakster

kakster

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

My HR22 just started having an audio issue.

When switching tuners or between recorded content and live content, there is no audio.

When using the HR22 to play recorded content from a different DVR using whole home, the audio always works.

Returning to live tuner, no audio.

I can make the audio come back by going to audio settings, and toggling the Dolby setting,  It doesn't matter what the current setting is, switching to the other setting makes the audio come back.

Any ideas?

My setup: Setup

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   LawHawk

LawHawk

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

I had a problem that was somewhat similar.  I was having no audio on startup about half the time.  I would have to turn the TV or the receiver on and off several times to get the audio back.  Have you had this at all?  I ask because changing the Dolby setting also fixed it (temporarily).  

I eventually figured out that it was the HDMI port on my TV.  I changed the cable to a different port and never had the problem again.

#3 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

It does sound like an HDMI hand shack issue. Try one of the following to correct your issue:

1. Try adjusting any settings you have on the TV for HDMI (such as anynet, HDMI control or HDMI audio adjustments). 
  2. Try a different HDMI port on the TV
  3. Try a different HDMI cable
  4. Try using component for video & a different  transport method such as optical, coaxial digital or even analog composite outputs for audio.

#4 OFFLINE   kakster

kakster

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.

Oddly enough the problem went away a few days later.

If it happens again I'll try different HDMI ports or a new cable.

Thanks,

Kurt

My setup: Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...