Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 constant reboot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

My 622 went into a constant reboot situation.  Sometimes when I pulled the plug for 10 sec and reconnect, it would be corrected.  Othertimes it would not be.  I called DISH and they sent me a quick replacement receiver.  However, this one does the same thing!  I did find out that if I disconnect the HDMI cable (which goes into a Lumagen video processor), it would boot up fine and then I could plug the cable back in.  Sometimes I have no issues at all, but this all started about a month ago.  None of the other equipment has been firmware updated except the 622 which does it automatically.  I've never had any issues with this setup.  Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

It seems that when I power down the Video Processor (remove AC), the 622 no longer likes that when I power back on. If I leave the VP in standby mode, it is OK. Must be it doesn't like the HDMI connection going away for whatever reason. Never had this issue before. SJ

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

try to disablle CEC pins by using two complimentary HDMI-DVI /DVI-HDMI cables/dongles

#4 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm working with Lumagen to see what they think. Seems like the 622 is no longer dropping the HDMI connection when power is removed and goes crazy into a reboot once it starts back up. Wonder if DISH changed something on the last software update. SJ

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

did you try the simplest solution ? two cables ?

#6 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I don't have those cables and it has always worked fine until the software update that came in March. The engineers at Lumagen are having me update my unit, but they think it is likely a Dish software bug.... SJ

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,746 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

if you would try the cable, you will know where is the problem .. at lease will know is it CEC channel or not ?

#8 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

I found a couple of DVI/HDMI adaptors and will try it out... Thanks for the suggestion.  SJ

Update: Did not help.  Issue still exists. 

Edited by SJ HART, 05 May 2013 - 04:04 PM.

spam firewall