Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genie and Client Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi All

Currently have a HR24 and H24 Receviers if I was to take Directv up on a Free upgrade soon since we've been with them almost a day year now (installed last May 6 2012) Would I be able to hook up my DVD-Recorder to the Client device from the Genie?     Current Tv is a Mitsubshi WS-55315 HDTV (NO Hdmi connection)  wanna be sure before I accept a free upgrade if it make the right choice,  main tv upstairs has HDMI and all that

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,497 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yes. Depending on what type of inputs you DVD recorder has, you will need either the component or composite cable "dongle"
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Oh Ok, Thank you, the recorder has Composite and Componeout connections, TV has the same type of connections

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,497 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Don't forget to ask,the installer to leave these cables behind, since they are not "included" in the box
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Why not just keep the HR24?  You'll pay the same monthly cost for the Genie and 1 client as you will the Genie and the HR24, but you'll end up with more simultaneous recordings and recording space.

My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#6 OFFLINE   bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Possible could do that, and I guess use my Philips 3576H hard drive dvd-recorder less possibly, right now use this dvd recorder a lot...but I guess can sort things out, and figure out what to do in terms of Directv receivers and such

#7 OFFLINE   Volatility

Volatility

Legend

• Registered
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Another advantage of having Genie and the HR24 is that if the genie stops working, you can still watch tv in the other room whereas if the genie ever stops working you can not with a client as the client
gets its feed from the genie and therefore can not watch tv untill the genie issue is resolved. 

Edited by Volatility, 19 April 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...