Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Unable to buy/renew DBSTalk Club membership

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,082 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I went to renew my DBSTalk Club membership tonight and found my first major issue with the new site software. I click on the DBSTalk Store link at the top and it takes me to the "Popular Products" page. I next click on the "DBSTalk Club" icon and that takes me to the details page. Clicking on "Add to Cart" and I get a message that says: "Oops! Something went wrong! You have already purchased that item and it cannot be purchased again. Click here to view or renew you existing purchase."

I click that link and get information about my previous year's membership purchase.  Below that it says, "This item has a pending invoice. View pending invoices."  So I click THAT link and get a page that says, "No pending invoices to display."

Come on, guys - take my money! 

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi...

Yes, we find this issue with the migration and I am still waiting for a quick fix.  I will need to manually go find the old record and update it inside the data base so you can renew.  I will let you know when I have it ready.

So sorry for the issue.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#3 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ok, you are all set.  I manually modified the database.  Please also see your PM's before purchase.

Thank you.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#4 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 352 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I tried to purchase the 2 year membership a few days ago, and it wouldn't let me, when I selected the 2 yr it jumped back to the 2 choices again.  It did let me get 1 year tho.

Ed

HR44-700, HR22-700, HR21-200, SWM16

#5 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks Ed.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#6 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12,082 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

David got me sorted out finally last night.

Just wanted to note that and say thanks again for your help last night, David.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#7 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

More than welcome.  Thank you kindly for the multi attempts.  :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#8 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

I was checking my club status the other day and saw it expires in about six months.  There is no option to renew, and trying to add to cart from the store says you already purchased this with a link back to status page.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#9 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I was checking my club status the other day and saw it expires in about six months.  There is no option to renew, and trying to add to cart from the store says you already purchased this with a link back to status page.

I have it set that...

Number of days before this package expires that a user can renew:  14 Days

Description..."For example, if you have a 30 day package, you may allow the user to renew up to 7 days before it expires. The user will retain the full length of the new subscription.

Leave blank or enter 0 to not allow a renewal before the package expires.
Enter -1 to allow renewal at any time."

Think we should allow renewal at any time?  I do believe you will receive a notice before it expires. (Note I said I believe.  Yet to be tested." :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#10 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have it set that... Number of days before this package expires that a user can renew: 14 Days Description..."For example, if you have a 30 day package, you may allow the user to renew up to 7 days before it expires. The user will retain the full length of the new subscription.Leave blank or enter 0 to not allow a renewal before the package expires.Enter -1 to allow renewal at any time." Think we should allow renewal at any time? I do believe you will receive a notice before it expires. (Note I said I believe. Yet to be tested." :)

It might be a good idea to allow renew at anytime, that way it would work the same as it did before migration. One less issue to have a learning curve on.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16

#11 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

True...My only fear is that notices may not then be sent before they expire.  I am still waiting to hear back from Invision if it even sends out reminders. ;)  It should IMHO.

I have now set it so you can renew at any time.  If you choose to do so, it will be interesting to see what your expiration date becomes.   (Please see your PM's)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#12 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

True...My only fear is that notices may not then be sent before they expire.  I am still waiting to hear back from Invision if it even sends out reminders. ;)  It should IMHO.

I have now set it so you can renew at any time.  If you choose to do so, it will be interesting to see what your expiration date becomes.   (Please see your PM's)

I was able to process a renewal and it just added time to my previous expiration.  Expiration is now Nov. 17, 2014.  I did have a choice of how many years to add up to 12.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16

#13 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I was able to process a renewal and it just added time to my previous expiration.  Expiration is now Nov. 17, 2014.  I did have a choice of how many years to add up to 12.

Well, not sure I like the add years part as it is not something I would have wanted to happen.  Have to look into that as that clearly is not the intent.

Did you try to use multi years?  :)  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#14 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

David got me sorted out finally last night.

Just wanted to note that and say thanks again for your help last night, David.

Were you offered to be able to do Multi Years as mentioned above do you recall?

Thank you.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#15 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Well, not sure I like the add years part as it is not something I would have wanted to happen.  Have to look into that as that clearly is not the intent.

Did you try to use multi years?   :)

I was going to try the two option, but decided to go for only one until see how the system worked. You also were able to add multiple years on VB by making multiple purchases.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16

Protected By... spam firewall...And...