Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems with the Dish

Picture freezing on TV 6 Days without any service

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEast Boston, Ma

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

UPDATE: So far so good.  The Dish did not crash Friday night after an advanced tech grounded the cable wire and replaced my HD receiver with a 322 SD one.  This morning before I left for work I had the TV on for one hour and still no picture freezes. 

I will keep you all posted.  Thanks. 

Edited by DonnieBoston, 26 April 2013 - 07:53 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Glad to hear your problems may be over, I know it can be very frustrating.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#43 OFFLINE   DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

"MAY" is the word.  We will see what happens tonight.  I remember the Dish worked for a whole night after the tech left, then the next day it went out again.  The nice people at Dish gave me a $5.00 credit on my bill for the week it has been out.  It's amazing they don't tell you that their HD receiver gives you less output than Direct TV.'s  Instead they will try to blame the power source in my home, TV, and living close to the airport among other things. 

I just hope it's fixed once and for all.  That's all I care about.  I salute the third party techs for all they have done.  And thanks for your comment, Iparsons. 

#44 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I would like to explain some "important" facts here, DonnieBoston.   There is "no way" you can blame your problems on Dish Network or any "sub class" Dish Technician.   Millions of Dish subscribers have Dish 300, 500, 1000.2 and 1000.4 antennas with different model of receivers, and I would guess that 99.9% works and has for years.   Your problem is in your home electrical system, and if you have steel or aluminum  siding on the home and "it's" not grounded correctly,  or any other issues with the electrical system  there is a good possibility there's lies the culprit.

#45 OFFLINE   DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Skeeterman, please explain to me why I never had a technical issue with Direct TV for 13 years?  Or did this electrical problem I have in my home just occurred overnight?  Trust me, Dish is the problem not my home.  You will not bribe me because I'm not your average dumb person.  Direct TV worked for 13 years and Dish all of a sudden has this problem.  Common sense. 

#46 OFFLINE   DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

For your information Skeeterman, the advanced tech tested my power in my house.  He stuck a device in my outlet and reported that the electrical source in my home is perfectly fine.  I forgot to mention this.  So this sums up your theory of blaming the customer instead of the source where it is provided from. 

#47 OFFLINE   DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Also, Skeeterman, if you've read my previous posts, I wrote that I thanked all the technicians for all the work they have done in my home to resolve the issue.  I have not blamed them for anything per what you wrote in your recent statement above.  I'm not even verbaly blaming Dish, because it's such a good deal they have offered me that I just wanted the issue fixed, that's all.  I do not want to leave them.  To me it really doesn't matter who is at fault unless it can't be fixed. Because I don't want to be billed for something where I'm not getting any service.  I just wanted the darn thing fixed so I can keep Dish.  Get it???? 

Edited by DonnieBoston, 26 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#48 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Skeeter is only trying to help.  The tech that checked your outlet cannot check it with the equipment that an electrician has or that your local utility has.  I worked for an electric utility for 22 years.  Skeeter is correct in saying that if putting in a ground block corrects the problem then you are well advised to have all the grounding at your checked.

#49 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,863 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Yes... that's the key point... IF the grounding block solves the problem, it is indicative of other electrical problems that have the potential to cause other issues.

I used to install two-way radios back in the day...  I was checking an installation and found voltage on their antenna line... that was weird... there was not supposed to be power their unless the radio was transmitting...

I ultimately tracked it down to a surge protector plugged into the wall.  They swore they never had problems before, then admitted they had only recently bought that surge protector.  Basically, the surge protector revealed that there was an improper ground somewhere in the building... and yet everything they had was working correctly.

As a company responsible for servicing their two-way radios... I said that they should leave that surge protector unplugged until they could have their electrical wiring checked by a professional... otherwise we could not guarantee their radio would keep functioning.

• BNUMM likes this

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...