Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-22 RBR everyday to get it to respond

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   weadjust

weadjust

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I have an HR-22. The only way I can get it to power up is to do a red button reset once or twice a day. So far I have tried unplugging  it for a while then restart, RBR twice in a row, and reset everything using the menu option. The problem has not been resolved. Any other suggestions before I call  and go through all this once again with a customer service rep?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,036 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Sounds like a circuit board heat issue. It gets too hot and stop functioning.

Sooner or later you are going to have to make that call. Their no advantage to later unless you want to try and upgrade to a HR44 which is currently limited to trail market areas as your replacement..

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Time to watch any recordings on that box you haven't yet and write down your series links.

#4 OFFLINE   weadjust

weadjust

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

The good news is there are no programs recorded on this DVR. It was my main DVR in the living room but it was replaced by an HR-34 about 6 months ago. It was moved to my office and is also connected to a tv on my screened in porch.

#5 OFFLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hello weadjust,

It sounds like the power supply is failing.  If this is the case then sometime in the future it will not power up at all and nothing you will do will bring it back to life.

My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

After you did a "Reset Everything", did you go set the Power Save feature to OFF ?

After the unit has been on for a few hours, have you checked the internal temperature ?
It could be heating up and shutting off because of dust in the grill.

If you have looked at all of these I would definitely be on the phone for a replacement. Cross your fingers that you get a 24 for the replacement.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...