Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No HD For Puerto Rico

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you live in PR have been waiting for Spot 70 to lit up  on 61.5 with the channels IN HD we don't receive as in the USA don't hold your breath.  Just had a long chat with Technical SupportLive Chat at DISH and the summary of the conversation was NO.  Equal treatment with the same monthly bill and missing HD is not my cup of tea.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

This topic seems misleading...  it makes it seem as if there is no HD at all in Puerto Rico.  I grant you that they get short-changed and don't have it all... but that has also been true of Alaska and Hawaii as well.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

This topic seems misleading...  it makes it seem as if there is no HD at all in Puerto Rico.  I grant you that they get short-changed and don't have it all... but that has also been true of Alaska and Hawaii as well.

The subject was done on purpose so everyone in PR could be informed of that very important slot.  DISH does not love us anymore, but they will take our currency, U.S.D.  And we have approx 400,0000 subs.  But like the saying says "take it or leave it"

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,900 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Puerto Rico HD is provided from WESTERN ARC satellites. Some HD channels come from ConUS beams plus there are spotbeams on 110 and 119 serving Puerto Rico.

There is no content on 61.5 intended for Puerto Rico. Please aim your dish(es) at 110 and 119.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Dish does not take your currency. You give your currency to Dish. I am very familiar with the situation in P.R. from the other forum, and the answer is, if you have a better option don't use Dish if you think you are being taken advantage of. I not only don't blame you, but you should inquire and see if they will give more channels, or give you a reduced rate. But you allow Dish to do what you feel is wrong by subscribing.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,699 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

This thread would be more aptly named, then, as "Less HD" rather than "No HD" for Puerto Rico.  Again, I get the complaints and urge you to complain if you don't feel you are getting your money's worth... but hyperbole doesn't get you closer to solving the problem... so starting a thread about "no" HD when there is, in fact, some HD will probably cause some people to tune out to your plight that might otherwise have been sympathetic to your complaint.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#7 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

I am from PR...yes....I dont see some channels just because I cant watch them in  SD. Will love if Dish can add more HD channels in PR. What fustrate is Dish adding eg Galavision in HD for PR...when that channel was blocked from PR subs & now suddendly we have it in HD. I wonder if even it gets watched 100 min spread across Dish PR subs per night.

Also as I check from PR beams...maybe be can get some more HD channels but I guess Dish just dont want to use occupy those slots.

I am for sure watching Libertys/Onelink HD channel count. My Dish bill + Liberty HSI bill is almost equal to the bundle bill by Liberty. The HD channel count is almost similar...but I am still not convinced by their box. Will wait & see how much more HD channel they add

#8 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Dish does not take your currency. You give your currency to Dish. I am very familiar with the situation in P.R. from the other forum, and the answer is, if you have a better option don't use Dish if you think you are being taken advantage of. I not only don't blame you, but you should inquire and see if they will give more channels, or give you a reduced rate. But you allow Dish to do what you feel is wrong by subscribing.

Yes I know.  Just don't know why a site has Spot 70 for PR and they don't use it to keep us happy,  Oh well.  You have a point.   

Love your new Site look and ease of use of this site,  Keep up your good work.  Congratulations. :up:

Edited by RG6-Q, 23 April 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

http://www.satbeams....tes?norad=39008

That's 55.8 DBW.  How high is high??

Check out Spot 70 from E-16.  I did not post it.  Why would they lie about this. :bang

Edited by RG6-Q, 29 April 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Puerto Rico HD is provided from WESTERN ARC satellites. Some HD channels come from ConUS beams plus there are spotbeams on 110 and 119 serving Puerto Rico.

There is no content on 61.5 intended for Puerto Rico. Please aim your dish(es) at 110 and 119.  

I have three dishes.  I got your news and went and disconnected the non-upgradable 61.5.  It's too bad this other site I mentioned puts that beam dead on to us here.  I guess some sites just publish trash to gain audience.  Gee, where they get this info???.  

#11 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't understand what you mean.  The "other site" has threads FROM PR SUBSCRIBERS who say they use 61.5 and have complaints about it. Further, there are threads there talking about how they do that at their own risk as there is no guarantee that slot will be used for Puerto Rico. 

Dish has stated before what satellites should be used, this is nothing new and info is correct, 119 and 110 is what Dish says to use.

Edited by tampa8, 02 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't understand what you mean.  The "other site" has threads FROM PR SUBSCRIBERS who say they use 61.5 and have complaints about it. Further, there are threads there talking about how they do that at their own risk as there is no guarantee that slot will be used for Puerto Rico. 

Dish has stated before what satellites should be used, this is nothing new and info is correct, 119 and 110 is what Dish says to use.

I just went to Spot 70 and zoomed it in and the gain for that Spot was 55.8 DBW with Puerto Rico on the background.  That all I did and saw.  It seems odd. but what the heck.  Before I got that slot disconnected, the signal was pretty good on TP 10-14 & 17 with about 80.  

But you are correct, DISH does what they want and the public decides, just like a political election.  I wonder how many electoral votes DISH has. :righton:

#13 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,900 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

In the not so distant past 61.5 was not the worst choice for Puerto Rico ... but DISH has moved the core HD channels off to 72.7, leaving just some of the SD channels on 61.5 (along with spots serving the mainland). I can see where people in the past would have aimed their dish at 61.5 - but that isn't the arc DISH is using for Puerto Rico.

• tampa8 and RG6-Q like this
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...