Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Favorites list channel memory fix pleeaaasseee!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

My Hopper will not remember channels in fav lists. This has been out WAY too long to still have this problem. I add channels hourly and I'm 100% tired of paying for this high tech piece and having this problem. I add chicago 26 every 1/2 hour. FIX THIS ALREADY.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,030 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

I thought this had already been fixed a few firmware releases ago?

Although, I think people also had to not only have the latest firmware but also reset their receiver to default and then re-create the favorites list to fully remove the corruption.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#3 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,147 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

With the latest update I'm starting to notice a number of "quirks" as well.  At some point I'll have to do some real testing to see if they're real bugs or just some anomalies.

#4 OFFLINE   dtimm1020

dtimm1020

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I have had problems with my hopper remering my channels,

I had to get a new hopper, because my phone jack qick working

#5 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Mine will lose a local channel about every other week.  Also can't remember which Fav list I was last on, always reverts to "All Channels" (on the Hopper only), Joeys seem to remember (but also lose a channel now and then). Ever since instal a year ago, updates fixed nothing.  Also have recorded shows on hopper that all play fine, but on Joeys a couple say "not subscribed"... that seems real odd since they access the same hard drive.

#6 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yes, this is still a problem.  After someone said the latest software fixed it, I deleted all my lists, cold booted and everything. Then re-entered my lists and it actually let me select the channels it would never let me put in before (regardless of number of channels entered at one time), i.e. 108 specifically.  I was pleased....till...less than week later it disappeared and now can't put it in.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,030 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

FYI... I'm not talking about just deleting the lists and rebooting... I'm talking about using the option in the menu system that resets the receiver to defaults.  I have read that some needed to do that to fully get their favorites lists working again.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

spam firewall