Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

IPAD APP for the birds

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fraaboak

fraaboak

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

The IPAD app for DBS Talk is a nightmare. Whatever forum or content i select all I get is THIS PAGE DOES NOT EXIST.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changinging passwords etc, same results.  No problem when I access via the PC.  Any suggestions? Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this but I didn,'t know where else to post this. Any info is appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

There was a change of the DBSTalk software from vBulletin to IP.Board.

Forum Runner only partially works presently, with support ticket open with Forum Runner Support.

See: http://www.dbstalk.c...203661-ios-app/

and: http://www.dbstalk.c...ts-suggestions/

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

DirecTV HD Channel Listing - 2011 DBSTalk HD Poll - 2010 DBSTalk HD Poll - Satellite & National HD Alerts

#3 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

For the first time in weeks the app on my iPad is actually working. I had given up on it and was planning to delete it but will hold on a little longer.

#4 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I spoke too soon. It only intermittently works. Since it does work ( occasionally ) it should be stated whether it will be fixed or is being discontinued altogether. If that's the case it should be removed from the App Store.

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Hall Of Flame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,744 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Please note the OP is talking about the app for DBSTalk. There's a very separate, very good app by DIRECTV®

for the iPad. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall